Support Eurolite USB-DMX512 Pro

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
stevenrenders

Hi,

Is there any hope of getting the Eurolite USB-DMX512 Pro working under windows.
It's quite frustrating to see
-- the lower end Eurolite USB-DMX512
-- AND the newer Eurolite USB-DMX512 Pro MkII
are working fine on windows with QLC+ :-(

I'm using freestyler so far but wanted to jump over to qlc+...

Regards,
Steven
GGGss

I don't get it ...
Are you complaining they are working in windows?
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
janosvitok

Steven complains that out of three Eurolite models, only the one he has doesn't work.
mcallegari

Eurolite sent me some adapters and I was able to test them on the supported OSes.
Unfortunately there is a Pro adapter on the market (which I don't have) that uses a different chipset and we haven't been able to figure out how to make it work on Windows.
Basically it suffers the same "code struggle" as the DMX4ALL nanoDMX (which I have)
I'll try again to see if I can make the nanoDMX to work in Windows and if I succeed, the Eurolite Pro should work as well.
However at the moment I don't really have time to look into this.
stevenrenders

Hi,

In the meantime I have purchased a Pro MKII.

But now I have the issue that with this adaptor, there is an incredible amount of slack on the signal.
Whatever I do in the qlc+ interface, even just an adjustment in the simple desk, takes between 0,5 and 3 seconds to be sent to DMX.

Also when monitoring the values in qlc+ you can see the delay also there.

I'm using the latest FTDI drivers 2.12.26

Has anyone seen this before?

Regards,
Steven
janosvitok

Steve,

does it happen if you select artnet instead of enttec pro?

Jano
djenzoes

USB-DMX512 PRO Interface MK2
Driver 2.12.24.0

QLC:
DMX USB: FT232R USB UART - DMX 1 Mode Output: Pro Rx / Tx
With other modes, DMX signal is not output

I too have the same problem of excessive slowdown.
Practically it is useless.

Updating:
Now use a DMXking ultraDMX RDM Pro, which runs at 100% without any problems.
Last edited by djenzoes on Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phytomer

Hi all,

For a special project we bought the "Eurolite USB-DMX512 Pro MK2" interface and are facing the same problems as you guys mentioned.

We already contacted the Eurolite distributor (Steinigke, as we are Eurolite dealer as well) and asked why these interfaces are not working like it should be.
Unfortunately they have no explanation why it's not working together with QLC+, so maybe it's not the interface but a bug in QLC+ ?

Problem description:
- Slow response DMX output signal
- Uncontrolled flickering lights when running a show, even a few seconds after stopping or activate black-out

Tested with:
- Windows 10 Pro x86 (32-Bit)
- QLC+ V_4.11.0
- Driver 2.12.24.0 and the latest FTDI driver 2.12.26.0
- DMX output mode set on (Pro RX/ TX)

We also did a test with a DMXking ultraDMX Micro USB adapter, which is working 100% with no issue's at all.

Hopefully is Massimo or some else able to track down this strange problem.
And before I forgot, thanks Massimo for all your hard work to make QLC+ to a succes you are doing a great job!!!

Regards,
Martin
vocux

Hello all!

Unfortunately I experienced the same problem. The output coming from the Eurolite USB-DMX512 Pro MK2 interface is very laggy and flickering. For our purposes it's practically unusable. I'm not quite thrilled about this, since I am now forced to buy a new interface (I'd rather buy a new interface than use another program 'cause your program is fantastic!), but

Please: Remove "Eurolite USB-DMX512 Pro MK2" from the "Supported Hardware" list on the website, as this interface is clearly not functioning with QLC+ (it works well with other DMX software), at least until these problems are fixed. I specifically bought this interface for usage with QLC+ after I decided that QLC+ is the software I want to use, and saying that it's supported by your software is very misleading.

Thank you very much! Your work is fantastic! :)

Best wishes
Seb
janosvitok

mcallegari

@Jano, please do not confuse Pro with Pro MK2. The first is based on a Atmel chipset, the second is FTDI and implement the Enttec Pro protocol.

Here's the situation:
- Pro can't work on Windows because of drivers. QLC+ use open source libraries and Windows doesn't like it. You should sign your own version of libusb-win32 but I do not recommend to go that way cause it's a nightmare. So I prefer to declare it doesn't work, even if technically it could.
- Pro MK2 works with the standard proprietary Windows FTDI driver (D2XX)

Eurolite (Steinigke) sent me some adapters. I tested and integrated them, and when I saw technical glitches, I sent them an email with the details, and they never replied to it.
Contacted again after a few months: no reply at all.

If I remember correctly, I found out that the Pro MK2 is not conforming to the DMX standard. It is not capable to perform at ~44Hz (250 kbps)
You can try to lower the master timer frequency until the adapter doesn't flicker anymore.
Instructions here: http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/parameterstuning.html
vhs1240

I recently bought a Eurolite USB-DMX512 Pro MK2, and after hours and hours of trying to get it to work in QLC+ on a Mac, I still haven't managed to get it to work (the LED on the Eurolite keeps blinking red).
Is there anybody that has been able to get it to work on a Mac at all ?? I'd love to use it in QLC+ but I need some help here...

Weird thing is that I also tried to use the Eurolite in Lightkey for Mac, and this worked immediately and perfect.

Thanks
Jan
CoS2000

Hi there,

is there any Solution for Pro MK2 under Windows?

I ordered the device and it will be delivered today. Hope it will work...

Where can i find the Parameters. Cant find a parameter called "Master Timer frequency" in regedit (windows 7). Do u mean "HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1775873340-2164010772-982407447-1003\Software\qlcplus"? There are no parameters like "Master Timer frequency"...I found a "timing tool" under "HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1775873340-2164010772-982407447-1003\Software\qlcplus\Q Light Controller Plus\timingstool", but i think its not what i searched.

All other Keys that i found with the search for "qlcplus" are installation directorys...

I search the whole registry for "Master Timer frequency" but even dont find anything....

Thanks for any Help...
GGGss

in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\qlcplus\Q Light Controller Plus\ add a key enttecdmxusbopen
in that key make a Dword named: frequency
See: http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/parameterstuning.html
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
CoS2000

Hi @all.

ok i tested Eurolite USB-DMX512 Pro MK2 and i can agree to the other posts: it doesnt work! Tested under windows 7 with qlc+ 4.11.0

I had no flicker, but massive delays between 0,5 up to 3 Seconds!

Changing the master timer frequency doesnt help! In my opinion you should remove "Eurolite USB-DMX512 Pro MK2" from the list of working devices!

@mcallegari: i hope Eurolite (Steinigke) will answer you. its not ok that they let you wait. it should be in their own concern that "USB-DMX512 Pro MK2" works fine with qlc+!

Regards,
CoS
lbon1989

Any updates to this? I am experiencing a very massive delay when I make a chaser with LED's on a Eurolite Pro Mk2. Running on Windows 10 with QLC+ 4.11.1