A Hold Button (As seen in Showxpress Live Window)

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
Jacks2015

Recently, I have been using QLC+ and its virtual console for many live, unrehearsed music and theatre shows. It has worked well however I have wanted a way to hold my running functions in order to give me time to cue up some new functions which would fire off once I wanted it to.

Example: I have a Yellow Colour Scene button on an LED and an Red Colour Scene button on a moving head. I want to be able to hold those dmx functions so they keep running while choosing my two new colours. Once new colours had been chosen you would be able to un hold the functions so at the same time both the LEDs and the Movers started running their new functions at the same time.

Please let me know if there is a way to do this in QLC+ at the moment or if it would be possible to implement.

Thanks for any help, it is much appreciated.
psyka

Hi,

Unfortunatly, it's not possible for the moment.
But I realy want this fuction so I do that with lemur Ipad.
You can do that with simple script, and 2 buttons.

I explain you :
- all my fuction work instantly when I touch them.
- If I press before my button "Hold", I can select 2,3,4 and more fuction if I need, and when I press the "Go" button, all the command are send at the same time.

If you need more information, just ask me ;)
Attachments
Lemur screenshot Hold and Go
Lemur screenshot Hold and Go
siegmund

You also could try putting all of your widgets in a frame, duplicate it and only activate one of them so you can prepare the next functions in the other frame (not tested yet).
psyka

Unfortunatly, that doesn't work :|
But that was a good idea.
siegmund

Too bad, can you tell exactly what is not working?
Anyway, such a feature would be nice to have indeed!
psyka

When you deactivates the frame, you can't change any button inside.
Thereis a second problem, when you change a buttun in the activate frame, that also change the same button in the desactivate frame.
filipek.o

I was trying to acomplish same thing by... having fucntions on same speed dial.. as "hold" putting speed dial transition into infinity... clicking a new function and then by putting a transtion back to 1s for exapmle.. (it works in grandma) but i qlc you can't change transition time on fly. ( i wantedto have it on slider) it would be great to have it like this!
camwolfe

Hi,
a feature request with similar intention was posted in viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11277 . Would something like this fit your needs?