RGB Panels More Than 99 Pixels

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
ethanm3

Hello. I do a lot of work controlling LEDs through QLC+, and one limitation I have found is the RGB Panels limiting at 99 pixels in width and length. If I have a line of LEDs that is longer than 99 pixels, I have to come up with creative work-arounds to split them up.

For example, I made an LED bar that has 117 pixels in it, but I had to split the mapping into pieces in order to use any RGB matrices, which was fine for more abstract effects like Plasma, but didn't work at all for the Wave or Gradient effects.

Any chance that could be expanded in QLC5?

Thanks!
Ethan Moses
Founder / Manager
Savory Lighting Design
www.savorylights.com
mcallegari

The limit has already been increased to 999.
Give some TEST version a try.
ethanm3

Oh, great point, thanks! Will that be reliable enough in a production environment?
Ethan Moses
Founder / Manager
Savory Lighting Design
www.savorylights.com
mcallegari

I normally don't suggest to use a test version in production for the simple reason that they are builds taken at certain points in the development "path".
However, test versions are triggered manually, so I decide to pull the trigger when I feel a build is stable enough.

In other words: you can use them, but I suggest to test your show before the gig, in case something bad happens it will happen at home :)
asm

I'am using 128 rgb led in a row, no problemo. (Raspberry pi 3, with wifi artnet)
ethanm3

@mcallegari or others who responded: is there a specific line of code that I could change to make sure it's just the RGB Panel limits that I'd be changing? Maybe that would make it more reliable.

Thanks!
Ethan Moses
Founder / Manager
Savory Lighting Design
www.savorylights.com
janosvitok

This is commit that contains the change: https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/c ... 0d21b2R315
The max row count is now 999 (if nothing is specified max is 99, http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qspinbox.html).
Column max is still 170.
ethanm3

I'll try these out. Thanks a ton!
Ethan Moses
Founder / Manager
Savory Lighting Design
www.savorylights.com