Sliders in VC should be able to act like Simple Desk sliders, i.e. overriding the current cue level

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
mcallegari

Re: Sliders in VC should be able to act like Simple Desk sliders, i.e. overriding the current cue level

Post by mcallegari » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:31 pm

Last batch of changes, and then I would like to merge this upstream
- fixed the visibility of the reset button external control group in settings dialog
- fixed monitoring level in inverted slider appearance
- attempted to fix the rendering issue causing a slider to deadlock. Not sure about this but I think there are still cases where it happens. However, I'm not 100% positive this is related to the latest changes. I've got the impression this was already there and related to the monitoring feature in general

Windows build 4.10.6.46: https://dl.bintray.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/

shortylight

Re: Sliders in VC should be able to act like Simple Desk sliders, i.e. overriding the current cue level

Post by shortylight » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:54 pm

Hi all,

just did some quick tests as this weekend I am quite short of time. I found no issues, better to say I am absolutely lucky with this solution.

@Massimo: Thank you for jumping into this. Only with your large amount of work this great new feature could be implemented into QLC+ (V4.x). Once again I want to say "Thank you". I will have my next large event in April this year and with this feature in QLC+ I am looking forward to do my job with a new quality of tool.

If there is anything I can help with the further development of QLC+ (I am not a developer), please let me know.

Have a nice rest of the weekend!

Martin

siegmund

Post by siegmund » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:49 pm

mcallegari wrote:Last batch of changes, and then I would like to merge this upstream
- fixed the visibility of the reset button external control group in settings dialog
- fixed monitoring level in inverted slider appearance
- attempted to fix the rendering issue causing a slider to deadlock. Not sure about this but I think there are still cases where it happens. However, I'm not 100% positive this is related to the latest changes. I've got the impression this was already there and related to the monitoring feature in general
I tested this and it works pretty good. So from my point of view this could be merged.
Again I want to thank you for all your work. I'll be able to test this in detail at a venue next weekend but I'm confident the new feature will do a great job! :)

mcallegari

Post by mcallegari » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:05 pm

Very good !
Thanks everyone for testing and reporting with feedbacks.
Tomorrow I'll merge the changes upstream, together with documenting it

Baer

Post by Baer » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:32 pm

Thank you Massimo for your great work.

I was very busy the last week and not able to test it, but the comments here sound very promissing.

siegmund

Post by siegmund » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:27 am

Please don't mind me to bring this up again. In preparation of an event next week I played around a bit more with the feature and so far it looks great!
I noticed that the new behavior is also applied to knobs, which I really like because I can use everything all over my BCF 2000. The only thing is, that the level bar is not displayed at all (which absolutely makes sense because a knob is a radial not a linear control) but I wondered if there could be a way to display the actual monitored level, too. Maybe one of you has an idea?

Regards,
siegmund

Baer

Post by Baer » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:42 am

So after that long time i was able to test the whole thing.

The implementation totaly fits my needs, so i can return to current git master branch on my self made lighting desk.

For the first quick test everithing seems to be smooth and stable :)
Will test it under real circumstances next weekend, have some workshop there, and can test current git version in live environment without ruining the show if something went wrong :)

Thanks again massimo for taking over and integrating this feature, was really a showstopper for me.

mlohrey

Post by mlohrey » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:02 pm

I have just had a chance to build a Mac OSX version from the latest source and am finding that the screen is freezing if I enable more than 2 or 3 sliders.

See this video. https://www.dropbox.com/s/eme8xq7y60czu ... s.mp4?dl=0

You can see that DMX is still being produced but the slider graphic isn't changing.

I am using the lastest version on MAC OSX and using the attached workspace.

I am away on holidays and don't have access to other operating systems to test.
Newslider Test.qxw
(10.04 KiB) Downloaded 15 times

mcallegari

Post by mcallegari » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:33 pm

Please try now. Deadlocks should be fixed.

mlohrey

Post by mlohrey » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:38 am

Built a new version this morning.

Testing was better, but was able to reproduce the same locking behaviour.

See this video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7zdp13n457j6b ... 2.mp4?dl=0