The Velleman K8062 story

A place where updates of QLC+ activities and technical articles are posted as if it was a blog
mcallegari

Well you want to perform "important gigs" opting for the cheapest adapters on the market. (seems like a common idea in this forum, not just yours)
"Open DMX" adapters are suitable for a party with friends, not for a professional service. Search this forum for "open dmx" and see what happens with those adapters.
I normaly would say "go for a PRO device", but if I really have to decide (gun on my head), I'd say Enttec Open might be it.
Don't tell me I haven't warned you :)
janosvitok

If you want the most stable and most compatible, choose enttec open dmx ethernet or dmxking edmx or similar artnet/sacn node. Tcp/ip drivers are in all systems, and you can even use cat5 cables or wifi if needed. Buy once cry once :)

Jano
sadesh

Very nice and thanks for the post.
gilbertv

Hi Massimo,

Since I had a bad experience with Open DMX once I think that I don't want to have another one. If I go with Entec DMX USB Pro do you think I will avoid all the hoorors I read about OPEN DMX ?

Regards
Gilbert Vaillancourt
gilbertv

Hi All,

It's been quite a while since I had this adventure with the Velleman VM116 device.
Looking at available and affordable DMX interfaces I came across a small but effective DMX interface
called KMTronic. This ting installed like a charm and works like a charm. Did over 50 gig since then,
used it for all kind of situations and it ran with consistancy every single time. Best part of it, I paid
less for this device than for the VM-116. Finally I was able to sell the VM-116 to someone who use
FreeStyler. I lost a bit but not too much.

Regards
Gilbert
zoran8000

A tip for all users who wanted to use this fixture anyway :

- Setup Freestyler DMX
- Launch Art-Net to DMX application (provided with Freestyler)
- Setup QLC+ to work with Art-Net on that node.

It works !

For small installation, it could be a priceless issue.