15 years of coding - NERD ALERT

A place where updates of QLC+ activities and technical articles are posted as if it was a blog
galaris

Thank you! :) Love this software.
lbon1989

Thank you for the software! It's amazing!
nixs

Thank you for the work you have done and what you will do. I tried a lot of DMX software, but none easy and complete like QLC. I look forward to QLC 5.
AUGURI!
bublor

Thank you so much for your dedication and hard work!

Just to introduce a bit of myself -- hopefully to make this thanks more personal.
I got my start with lighting a bit a go, first board I toured in '96 was a Celco 30, second board I toured with was a Celco 60! That was all par cans and acl's. Had this old Show Lites dimmer that I moved around with the band. Since the band was a little unconventional, maybe in a church, maybe in a theatre. We used Genie lifts as ground support and Thomas 1 ft mini beam. I couldn't believe I would climb up and down those lifts and across the 1 ft truss, since most of our stage hands were volunteers( this was a christian band ), I couldn't ask them for a focus. I had these extension clamps to double rig the six bars on the upstage mini beam.

Most memorable night was playing with King Diamond. Caedmon's Call, a Christian act I worked for played first. I was LD, Rigger, Electrician and sometimes truck driver for the christian folk band.. The venue ( House of Blues - Hollywood ) closed after our show, kicked everyone out, re-opened, then King Diamond came out, splitting that huge bar to open the stage a second time that night!.

Now many many years later, I am using your software, and am sooo happy that it feels very good and intuitive. I am not working professional anymore, I have given up my touring days for a steady programming job( c++ ), but use your software with a band I play in now. QLC+ is on par with an Avolites board or a Grand Ma rig, I was happy to donate some money for your Rasperry Pi image, it's the perfect controller for my stage show.

Thanks sooo much for your hard work, I love to use it with my hard work.

Cheers, can't wait to see what 5 will bring!

--John