QLC+ 5 Preview - Update #2

A place where updates of QLC+ activities and technical articles are posted as if it was a blog
mcallegari

What's the best occasion of starting a good 2017 other than showing two new videos about the QLC+ 5 development status ?

2016 has been a very busy year for me, with almost 2 jobs and 8 QLC+ 4 releases. That didn't leave me the time I wanted to work on QLC+ 5.
But here it is at last, with a blasting number of new features that I hope you will appreciate.
Everything I'm doing is toward an easier usability and a faster workflow.

As usual, everything you see is a work in progress, and there is nothing more than what I showed in the videos, so please don't
start asking about this and that.

I've got so many more giant features to implement and it is only a matter of time before they land upstream.
Speaking about time, the QLC+ 5 development is ongoing already since almost 2 years, and, if you're wondering
about a release date, that gives an indication of how slowly it is proceeding. :cry:

The good news is that I think I have consolidated some "under the hood" things that will allow QLC+ to run properly on a large number of computers and devices with different screen resolutions.

Well, let me know what you think !
siegmund

Wow, this is incredible!

I can't believe you're doing all this along the whole maintaining and bug-fixing stuff.
Nearly the whole time of the videos I thought "Is this also working... Could it... Yes it is!". Only one question about a feature I couldn't spot so far: Is it also possible to select multiple widgets/fixtures and drag them around together?

It really makes me happy to see development is going on. Thanks for all and keep up the good work. If I can support you in any way please let me know!
fooschnickens

Excellent news, Massimo. It's great seeing the progress made on this project, can't wait for the official release!
mcallegari

siegmund wrote:Only one question about a feature I couldn't spot so far: Is it also possible to select multiple widgets/fixtures and drag them around together?
It's indeed in my plans, cause it comes pretty natural with all that dragging and dropping.
However, at the moment I haven't figured out yet a smart way to do it...but I will :)
siegmund

mcallegari wrote:
siegmund wrote:Only one question about a feature I couldn't spot so far: Is it also possible to select multiple widgets/fixtures and drag them around together?
It's indeed in my plans, cause it comes pretty natural with all that dragging and dropping.
However, at the moment I haven't figured out yet a smart way to do it...but I will :)
Great to hear this :)
ernstheil

Great great Work
Cant wait for release . Ive learned so much about lightning with the help of the community from qlc and the programm itself. Ive even tried expensive Programms like sunlite first c and others. But for our work qlc is the best Programm to connect al lot of different applications like resolume , enttec pixelmapper and abelton live for our shows.
I earnestly want to say THANK YOU four your great work!!!

some impressions of our small qlc+ controlled world
( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ePqFm8eOzY )
Terek4

Och Men, it looks excelent.
I cant wait for officiale releace.
It woluld be nice if I get this software to the end of April 2017.
I have wedding bang and this software is excelent form me. I tried Freestyler and other software, but QLC+ is the best.
Below You can see how it work for me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjTAzpbotKc
Mysteryland

Very great news in 2017, especially the BPM-Function :D
mumbles

Awesome work Massimo!
OSX 10.10.5 QLC+ 4.9.1
Surface Pro4 Windows 10
Raspberry Pi B OLA 0.95
Raspberry Pi 2B QLC+

Swisson XMt-350
Chauvet RDM2Go
Enttec Pro Mk2
ultraDMX Micro
FTDI USB-RS485-WE-1800-BT XLR

Korg nanoKONTROL2
Korg nanoPAD2
Terek4

I have an idea, If this program is full working version.
Mabye its be good to release current version of QLC+5 as a test version (just like you releace new version of 4.10.6 or like microsoft release new vwersion of windows).
Person which will testing this new QLC give you some ideas how to improve software at the begin.
mcallegari

Terek4 wrote:I have an idea, If this program is full working version.
Mabye its be good to release current version of QLC+5 as a test version (just like you releace new version of 4.10.6 or like microsoft release new vwersion of windows).
Person which will testing this new QLC give you some ideas how to improve software at the begin.
Not really no. At the moment QLC+ 5 can't even save and can destroy your projects, cause of missing implementations.
Plus, everybody in this forum has a different idea of how QLC+ should be, so I'd rather keep the "door closed" for a while and take decisions based on the QLC+ 4 experience.
In any case the source code of everything I've shown is public and online, so who builds QLC+ 5 on his own can already have a look around.
Terek4

OK :)
In that case I'm 100% with you, and wait for official verion.
Partydoc

What do I think? What I see is great! Thanks for this work.
Partydoc
didou64

mcallegari wrote: In any case the source code of everything I've shown is public and online, so who builds QLC+ 5 on his own can already have a look around.
Hi Massimo,
Please, could you tell how to get the current souces of QLC+5 so I can compile them?

Functionnalities you've shown are terrific.

Thanks
Regards,
Didou
QLC+ Version: 4.12.0
mcallegari

didou64 wrote:
mcallegari wrote: In any case the source code of everything I've shown is public and online, so who builds QLC+ 5 on his own can already have a look around.
Please, could you tell how to get the current souces of QLC+5 so I can compile them?
Just follow the Linux build instructions for Qt5 and when it's time to do qmake add "CONFIG+=qmlui" at the end of it.
You will need at least Qt 5.6 to build it, which is not available in your Ubuntu 14.04, unless you install it manually.
omar86

Hi Massimo! Will qlc+5 have full 16bit support?
Fatorrh

Wonderful!!
Can't wait to use it. And I would help to test it (I work in a brazilian bank as a software tester, so, I think I could help). Anyway, I think some great feature I'm waiting, is an improved MIDI implementation (to send different event with different channel to the same device, as exemple; and simpler way to send Midi etc). As you can see in a simple exemple below, I use QLC like a Hub to control a projector, the lights itself, the program in my keyboard, the scenes on my digital mixer, the lyrics to a second screen and even trigger some samples in my keyboard. To accomplish all this, I had to use some external softwares, all using MIDI. It was very hard, `cause I had to do all this using the feedback and use Midi Pipe to do some conversions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woRGTezYN-8

I'm the keyboardist and I'm controlling all this on the fly (changing scenes with a pedal), `cause we don't use a click as guide.

My setup:
Mac Mini, Korg Kronos (sounds and samples), Arena 4 (Video and Lyrics), Midi Pipe (some midi conversions), XR18 (digital Mixer) and QLC+ (where all is concentrated)
volmar

Hi Massimo, this is an incredible good job. Keep on!

You deserve all compliments!
RayArt

Massimo, this is looking wonderful! Very much looking forward to the release, any idea of a date yet? The new Show Manager looks brilliant, that's the best part for me. Thank you for all the hard work you do for us.
Herewith

Yea, this looking good and now i see a lot of thinks that i miss in QLC 4 :))) But i don't see autosave options, it's really important i think, because program sometimes can crash :) Even MA2 crashing :D Also it's by nice to have some calculations :) ( Example: have option Thru or use XY pad to calculate position in stage, you tap position and selected heads turn to it, it's not hard to program that, but need good math to think how to calibrate it :D, ) Another think in my opinion what would be great for live event's is in virtual console have fast access to groups :) ( Example: You don't have preprogramed all green on stage, so you selecting all groups and selecting green color :) But it's just my opinion what i miss in your program ( maybe that is only because i tested all programs and can compare pros and cons :D )