QLC+ 5 Preview - Update #2

A place where updates of QLC+ activities and technical articles are posted as if it was a blog
michilson

I'm excited to see what new features lay within the Version 5 update. I hope that we can see a integration with Virtual DJ in the near future.

Thanks for all the hard work on this I think it's by far a better lighting software than what's available currently for budget lighting control.
Didzhik

Massimo, Thank you so much for you job! I'm waiting release QLC+5!!!
paganix

I have just finished at local theatre doing some video mapping. I know my way round Resolume Arena but struggling with QLC+ .
I wonder with the demand increasing for projection artists in Theatres that there would be more need for integration with products
like Resolume arena.. (i'm bias) and other mapping software :)

I had it running with simple desk locally through artnet autoDMX map but a loss to running through Virtual desk...

Having a couple of shows coming up really think there's a gap QLC could fill
ethanm3

Very exciting! I just made a donation - thanks for all your hard work! This was a great resource as I learned lighting design, now I'm doing work contracting as a lighting designer and I owe a lot of that to the help from QLC+ and community. I'm very much looking forward to working with QLC+ 5.
Ethan Moses
Founder / Manager
Savory Lighting Design
www.savorylights.com
RayArt

Is there any news of a release date yet? So looking forward to it.
benste

@mcallegari
I know it's not the question you would like to here, and the interest about an intended release date has been noted before ;),
since earlier this year we are keen to see the new version. At the same time i do undestand that a project like this can be tricky ...

As we're intending to overhaul our virtual console completly we were wondering about the release date too.

> Would you recommend redesigning our rather complex VC setup in QLC4,x or would you rather suggest to wait for the next update - any chance this is happening within X months?
igorrobertifoc

Great massimo.
I don't know too. For me the virtual consolle is good like now, I see only little thing.. I would give you a feedback and I add some ideas brainstormed.

- buttons background with multicolor (2,3,4..)
- Icons standard to use (gobo,..)
- Avoid the red border on solo frame or use one that you can choose..
- Move a group of buttons together.
- submaster assigned to a channel independent of frame
- maybe some new field to avoid complex looback and widget not necessary (specially for bpm).
- indipendent screen resolution (?)
- use time widget with sliders, knob are not easy to use with touch ( I use a loopback slider).
- a master velocity and pause (like on hardware consolle)?

They are only little feedback, like I say.. For me VC is great like now.
hutje

First of all big thanks to you! QLC is the best free DMX software there is. The program is ideal to make your own layout (VC) and you can edit nearly everything.
I now use QLC for more than 2 years now and I still discover things I didn't knew before.

When I use QLC, I use it for different projects, but sometimes I need a part of one project for another project.
It would be useful to be able to import a part of a project into another.

I don't know if this feature is already implemented into QLC 5, but this would be a very helpful feature.

Again I am very grateful for your work, I couldn't done this myself.

Keep up the good work!
Mihai Andrei

I would like to try, where do I find the files?
siegmund

Mihai Andrei wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:17 pm I would like to try, where do I find the files?
Massimo told some basic instructions in this post.
Terek4

Hi Massimo,
It past half of year from your first info about QLC+ 5, any info about release date?
michilson

At what point can we expect to stop development on QLC+4 and see a QLC+ 5 Release? The first announcement about QLC+5 was back in 2015? We are a few months away from 2018? I am sure like everyone else here we are all excited and want to put all the new features to use!

Can we get a release date or a unofficial beta version to start test for bugs?

Thanks! I've been a huge supporter of QLC+ doing a lighting video series using it on youtube. There are new features that I really would love to put to use. including having several inputs to control my lighting!

Thanks for the hard work. Just ready to migrate to QLC+5
bluescreen25

lobelzar

Bonjour , moi je pense que ce logiciel ne sortira jamais , beaucoup trop longue la periode de creation Je suis un utilisateur de freestyler qui attend depuis bien 3 ans cette sortie A mon avis tu devrais demander de l'aide a d'autre concepteurs
cordialement
sbenejam

lobelzar wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:48 pm Bonjour , moi je pense que ce logiciel ne sortira jamais , beaucoup trop longue la periode de creation Je suis un utilisateur de freestyler qui attend depuis bien 3 ans cette sortie A mon avis tu devrais demander de l'aide a d'autre concepteurs
cordialement
QLC+ is free software, multiplatform, multilingual and does not have stable economic contributions. If you like more Freestyler, it is your program. Maybe it would be better that instead of complaining, you could make an economic contribution to help make QLC+ development faster.
As a Linux user and amateur lighting technician for me QLC + is the best program I've found.
GGGss

sbenejam wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:34 pm QLC+ is free software, multiplatform, multilingual and does not have stable economic contributions. If you like more Freestyler, it is your program. Maybe it would be better that instead of complaining, you could make an economic contribution to help make QLC+ development faster.
As a Linux user and amateur lighting technician for me QLC + is the best program I've found.
I second to that
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
mcallegari

And I would add: congratulations for writing in french in an international forum.
mcallegari

Just to clarify one thing, donating to the QLC+ project doesn't actually speed up the developments.
I have a full time job and my spare time is what it is. Plus, after 8 hours of work, when I get home at night I am quite exhausted.
The donations I receive help to pay off this website expenses and to buy devices to better support them (e.g. MIDI controllers, DMX adapters, etc..)

What makes the difference is how much I am willing to work on QLC+ and comments like the above take my motivations and throw them in the thrash bin.
It always puzzles me to see how people in this forum don't understand how much work there is behind QLC+, and seem to ignore the fact that I provide it for free.

On the other hand I would be more than willing to work full time on QLC+ if the community can provide me a guaranteed income every month, but at the moment this is totally out of reach.
hutje

Maybe Patreon would be an outcome for this?
Anyway I am a happy user and I am more than willing to pay for QLC.
Trubadix

hutje wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:39 am Maybe Patreon would be an outcome for this?
Anyway I am a happy user and I am more than willing to pay for QLC.
Pretty sure, that a start on Patreon will help you alot! i´m absolute willing to pay on a monthly base and im sure im not alone. go for it start on patreon and let us pay your rent! would love to support you!