QLC+ 5 Preview - Update #2

A place where updates of QLC+ activities and technical articles are posted as if it was a blog
mcallegari

Terek4 wrote:I have an idea, If this program is full working version.
Mabye its be good to release current version of QLC+5 as a test version (just like you releace new version of 4.10.6 or like microsoft release new vwersion of windows).
Person which will testing this new QLC give you some ideas how to improve software at the begin.
Not really no. At the moment QLC+ 5 can't even save and can destroy your projects, cause of missing implementations.
Plus, everybody in this forum has a different idea of how QLC+ should be, so I'd rather keep the "door closed" for a while and take decisions based on the QLC+ 4 experience.
In any case the source code of everything I've shown is public and online, so who builds QLC+ 5 on his own can already have a look around.
Terek4

OK :)
In that case I'm 100% with you, and wait for official verion.
Partydoc

What do I think? What I see is great! Thanks for this work.
Partydoc
didou64

mcallegari wrote: In any case the source code of everything I've shown is public and online, so who builds QLC+ 5 on his own can already have a look around.
Hi Massimo,
Please, could you tell how to get the current souces of QLC+5 so I can compile them?

Functionnalities you've shown are terrific.

Thanks
Regards,
Didou
QLC+ Version: 4.12.0
mcallegari

didou64 wrote:
mcallegari wrote: In any case the source code of everything I've shown is public and online, so who builds QLC+ 5 on his own can already have a look around.
Please, could you tell how to get the current souces of QLC+5 so I can compile them?
Just follow the Linux build instructions for Qt5 and when it's time to do qmake add "CONFIG+=qmlui" at the end of it.
You will need at least Qt 5.6 to build it, which is not available in your Ubuntu 14.04, unless you install it manually.
omar86

Hi Massimo! Will qlc+5 have full 16bit support?
Fatorrh

Wonderful!!
Can't wait to use it. And I would help to test it (I work in a brazilian bank as a software tester, so, I think I could help). Anyway, I think some great feature I'm waiting, is an improved MIDI implementation (to send different event with different channel to the same device, as exemple; and simpler way to send Midi etc). As you can see in a simple exemple below, I use QLC like a Hub to control a projector, the lights itself, the program in my keyboard, the scenes on my digital mixer, the lyrics to a second screen and even trigger some samples in my keyboard. To accomplish all this, I had to use some external softwares, all using MIDI. It was very hard, `cause I had to do all this using the feedback and use Midi Pipe to do some conversions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woRGTezYN-8

I'm the keyboardist and I'm controlling all this on the fly (changing scenes with a pedal), `cause we don't use a click as guide.

My setup:
Mac Mini, Korg Kronos (sounds and samples), Arena 4 (Video and Lyrics), Midi Pipe (some midi conversions), XR18 (digital Mixer) and QLC+ (where all is concentrated)
volmar

Hi Massimo, this is an incredible good job. Keep on!

You deserve all compliments!
RayArt

Massimo, this is looking wonderful! Very much looking forward to the release, any idea of a date yet? The new Show Manager looks brilliant, that's the best part for me. Thank you for all the hard work you do for us.
Herewith

Yea, this looking good and now i see a lot of thinks that i miss in QLC 4 :))) But i don't see autosave options, it's really important i think, because program sometimes can crash :) Even MA2 crashing :D Also it's by nice to have some calculations :) ( Example: have option Thru or use XY pad to calculate position in stage, you tap position and selected heads turn to it, it's not hard to program that, but need good math to think how to calibrate it :D, ) Another think in my opinion what would be great for live event's is in virtual console have fast access to groups :) ( Example: You don't have preprogramed all green on stage, so you selecting all groups and selecting green color :) But it's just my opinion what i miss in your program ( maybe that is only because i tested all programs and can compare pros and cons :D )
ace

This looks absolutely amazing.
I love the functionality of QLC+ & have already learned so much from the intuitive workflow.
I'm very excited about V.5. QLC+ Rocks!!
Thanks for all your hard work & such great software.
Terek4

Hi,
Any new info about QLC+5?
NEA

Very impressive.
Just a suggestion to provide us with better item placement in show=> could it be possible to
1) Have timeline markers (as DAW do)
2) View the sound waveform.
This last one allow us to synchronize the sound with the lights.

Regards
mcallegari

NEA wrote:1) Have timeline markers (as DAW do)
2) View the sound waveform.
Given the fact that QLC+ goal is not to become a DAW, the waveform preview was available in QLC+ 4, so it will be there as well in QLC+ 5.
Chris De Rock

i have seen you created the first fixures for the 3d view. maybe we can help you with that. have you some specs for that?
mcallegari

Chris De Rock wrote:i have seen you created the first fixures for the 3d view. maybe we can help you with that. have you some specs for that?
Thanks but not yet. I have serious issues with transformation matrices and most likely I found a bug in the Qt 3D module.
When the time comes, I'll surely ask for help on designing a 3D library (not only fixtures ;) )
Chris De Rock

Maybe we get some new and cool 3d features with upcomming qt releases. Nvidia has contributed some code: https://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/02/20/intr ... 3d-studio/
BHLighting

If I may be so bold as to chime in on this thread:

1) The new interface looks amazing. I cannot wait to see it fully functional! I forked QLC+ 4 a few weeks ago to begin my own work on a new UI; it looks like I won't have to bother! Hooray!

2) I hope you'll please consider 3D visualization as the last priority, maybe release a beta when everything else is working... I say that out of personal interest, as I've already purchased Capture, the commercial 3D visualization package. :-D Having all the other features complete would be enough for me to be happy...
Silicon_Knight

Massimo, all I can say is: Wow!!

Every time you release a preview of QLC+ 5, I see more and more features that I didn't ever realize I needed! Please keep up the hard work, and let the community know how we can help.

This is such an amazing project and there are so many of us that really love this software and can't wait to see the next evolution in Cinque!!
Terek4

Hi,
How about qcl+ 5 project? Any info when you release final version?