QLC+ 5 Preview - Update #2

A place where updates of QLC+ activities and technical articles are posted as if it was a blog
Terek4

Hi Massimo,
It past half of year from your first info about QLC+ 5, any info about release date?
michilson

At what point can we expect to stop development on QLC+4 and see a QLC+ 5 Release? The first announcement about QLC+5 was back in 2015? We are a few months away from 2018? I am sure like everyone else here we are all excited and want to put all the new features to use!

Can we get a release date or a unofficial beta version to start test for bugs?

Thanks! I've been a huge supporter of QLC+ doing a lighting video series using it on youtube. There are new features that I really would love to put to use. including having several inputs to control my lighting!

Thanks for the hard work. Just ready to migrate to QLC+5
bluescreen25

lobelzar

Bonjour , moi je pense que ce logiciel ne sortira jamais , beaucoup trop longue la periode de creation Je suis un utilisateur de freestyler qui attend depuis bien 3 ans cette sortie A mon avis tu devrais demander de l'aide a d'autre concepteurs
cordialement
sbenejam

lobelzar wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:48 pm Bonjour , moi je pense que ce logiciel ne sortira jamais , beaucoup trop longue la periode de creation Je suis un utilisateur de freestyler qui attend depuis bien 3 ans cette sortie A mon avis tu devrais demander de l'aide a d'autre concepteurs
cordialement
QLC+ is free software, multiplatform, multilingual and does not have stable economic contributions. If you like more Freestyler, it is your program. Maybe it would be better that instead of complaining, you could make an economic contribution to help make QLC+ development faster.
As a Linux user and amateur lighting technician for me QLC + is the best program I've found.
GGGss

sbenejam wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:34 pm QLC+ is free software, multiplatform, multilingual and does not have stable economic contributions. If you like more Freestyler, it is your program. Maybe it would be better that instead of complaining, you could make an economic contribution to help make QLC+ development faster.
As a Linux user and amateur lighting technician for me QLC + is the best program I've found.
I second to that
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
mcallegari

And I would add: congratulations for writing in french in an international forum.
mcallegari

Just to clarify one thing, donating to the QLC+ project doesn't actually speed up the developments.
I have a full time job and my spare time is what it is. Plus, after 8 hours of work, when I get home at night I am quite exhausted.
The donations I receive help to pay off this website expenses and to buy devices to better support them (e.g. MIDI controllers, DMX adapters, etc..)

What makes the difference is how much I am willing to work on QLC+ and comments like the above take my motivations and throw them in the thrash bin.
It always puzzles me to see how people in this forum don't understand how much work there is behind QLC+, and seem to ignore the fact that I provide it for free.

On the other hand I would be more than willing to work full time on QLC+ if the community can provide me a guaranteed income every month, but at the moment this is totally out of reach.
hutje

Maybe Patreon would be an outcome for this?
Anyway I am a happy user and I am more than willing to pay for QLC.
Trubadix

hutje wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:39 am Maybe Patreon would be an outcome for this?
Anyway I am a happy user and I am more than willing to pay for QLC.
Pretty sure, that a start on Patreon will help you alot! i´m absolute willing to pay on a monthly base and im sure im not alone. go for it start on patreon and let us pay your rent! would love to support you!
mcallegari

Thank you guys. I know how Patreon works but as I said, at the moment I don't see it as a viable way (knowing the QLC+ project numbers)
There would be months (if not years) where I'd have a full time job AND a not sustainable income from Patreon, with Patrons expecting contents from me...without me having enough time to work on them.
Fading gradually from one to another is not easy at all, but hey...never say never :)