What a happy family

A place where updates of QLC+ activities and technical articles are posted as if it was a blog
mcallegari

I know I've been quiet for some time, but this 2016 is being really tough for me, with almost 2 jobs to carry on and very limited time to dedicate to the QLC+ project.
Time that at this stage I prefer to dedicate to the QLC+ 5 developments, as an attempt to accelerate the arrival of a date where I can publish a first usable version.
Unfortunately that day is still far away as far as I can tell. However, I will upload pretty soon one or two videos showing what I've been doing in the last year on QLC+ 5.
Exciting features are coming !

Anyway, today I released a new software image for the Raspberry Pi. In the previous image I decided to drop the support for Raspberry Pi 1, aiming to gain a bit of performance optimization for the current Pi generation...but then I realized there's also the Raspberry Pi Zero, which is based on the same ARM architecture of the Pi 1 ! Ouch...
So I took a step back, and now my image supports all the Raspberry Pi models.
Thanks to a QLC+ user donation (thanks Tim !) I now own the Zero too, so I could see with my eyes a freaking tiny and cheap board, giving life to QLC+ on my 42" LG UHD TV !

I grew up following many technology innovations that changed the world. From the MSDOS times, to the touchscreen era and the Facebook anti-social phenomenon.
From text to graphics, from graphics to 3D, from 3D to...I can't tell which one is real !
But if someone told me 15 years ago that one day a $5 computer would have been able to animate lights on a stage or decode full HD videos, I would have told them they were crazy.

But here we are, 30 seconds of wait and your lights are up !
IMG_0905.JPG
(from left to right: RPi 1, Zero, 2 and 3)
What a happy family, isn't it ?
Seeing that picture reminds me how far the QLC+ project has gone, and how long the road has been...and how many miles there are still to walk ! :)

Alright, enough of this, let's go back to QLC+ 5 !
rgarza

Thank you so much for all your hard work Massimo, this is truly a great application. A couple of weeks ago I decided to learn how to use DMX, in the process, QLC+ kept popping up everywhere so I decided to give it a try. It is so intuitive to use that I was able to get the hang of it pretty quickly by just watching your amazing tutorial videos, going through the manual and checking the FAQ. Truly outstanding work.

You also have a great team of experts supporting you in the forum, all in all, this seems like a great community and I look forward to participating and being part of it. Keep up the excellent work!!

Kind Regards,
Ramiro G.