QLC+ 5 Preview - Update #2

A place where updates of QLC+ activities and technical articles are posted as if it was a blog
michilson

Re: QLC+ 5 Preview - Update #2

Post by michilson » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:29 am

I'm excited to see what new features lay within the Version 5 update. I hope that we can see a integration with Virtual DJ in the near future.

Thanks for all the hard work on this I think it's by far a better lighting software than what's available currently for budget lighting control.

Didzhik

Post by Didzhik » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:13 pm

Massimo, Thank you so much for you job! I'm waiting release QLC+5!!!

paganix

Post by paganix » Sat May 06, 2017 7:43 pm

I have just finished at local theatre doing some video mapping. I know my way round Resolume Arena but struggling with QLC+ .
I wonder with the demand increasing for projection artists in Theatres that there would be more need for integration with products
like Resolume arena.. (i'm bias) and other mapping software :)

I had it running with simple desk locally through artnet autoDMX map but a loss to running through Virtual desk...

Having a couple of shows coming up really think there's a gap QLC could fill

ethanm3

Post by ethanm3 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:20 pm

Very exciting! I just made a donation - thanks for all your hard work! This was a great resource as I learned lighting design, now I'm doing work contracting as a lighting designer and I owe a lot of that to the help from QLC+ and community. I'm very much looking forward to working with QLC+ 5.

RayArt

Post by RayArt » Thu May 18, 2017 4:58 pm

Is there any news of a release date yet? So looking forward to it.

benste

Post by benste » Sat May 20, 2017 5:57 pm

@mcallegari
I know it's not the question you would like to here, and the interest about an intended release date has been noted before ;),
since earlier this year we are keen to see the new version. At the same time i do undestand that a project like this can be tricky ...

As we're intending to overhaul our virtual console completly we were wondering about the release date too.

> Would you recommend redesigning our rather complex VC setup in QLC4,x or would you rather suggest to wait for the next update - any chance this is happening within X months?

igorrobertifoc

Post by igorrobertifoc » Fri May 26, 2017 10:05 pm

Great massimo.
I don't know too. For me the virtual consolle is good like now, I see only little thing.. I would give you a feedback and I add some ideas brainstormed.

- buttons background with multicolor (2,3,4..)
- Icons standard to use (gobo,..)
- Avoid the red border on solo frame or use one that you can choose..
- Move a group of buttons together.
- submaster assigned to a channel independent of frame
- maybe some new field to avoid complex looback and widget not necessary (specially for bpm).
- indipendent screen resolution (?)
- use time widget with sliders, knob are not easy to use with touch ( I use a loopback slider).
- a master velocity and pause (like on hardware consolle)?

They are only little feedback, like I say.. For me VC is great like now.