Novation Launchpad Pro input profile

davlink

Hello,

I just created a profile for the Novation Launchpad Pro controller.
http://global.novationmusic.com/launch/launchpad-pro

Before all, you have to set the controller into Programmer mode (hold Setup + tap the orange pad at row 1 column 5).
When binding keys, I suggest you disable the aftertouch (can send continuous messages) and set the note velocity as fixed.

The Launchpad Pro, when plugged using the USB cable, shows three MIDI ins and outs; use MIDI 2.

A really great thing concerning this controller is that all the pads and buttons support RGB lighting.
You can set the desired button light color for ON and OFF states respectively by setting custom feedback values. The controller has 128 preset colors; the table describing them can be found in the programmer reference guide, available on the manufacturer website linked above.
To have the desired pad lit of a certain color when the bound function is active, set the custom feedback upper value to the color number * 2. There is a 2-to-1 mapping between the feedback value and the resulting feedback color.

For example, enter 11 to light up a pad red and 35 to make it green. By trial-and-error you may be able to find out which value corresponds to which color.

You can also set a color for the inactive state of the button; set the lower custom feedback value for this. Note that you may have to use a multipage frame to have the buttons automatically light up to their "off" colors when you enter the operate mode.

Using the colors, you can really get creative with this wonderful controller. On my setup to DJ the new year party, I set the pad colors to match my RGB lights color scenes. Seen in the dark, this adds a kind of Daft Punk-esque touch to the DJ booth!
Attachments
Novation-LaunchpadPro.qxi
Novation Launchpad Pro MIDI input profile
(7.63 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
mcallegari

Very sorry, I totally missed this post.
The profile is now added to QLC+.
Thank you very much
NateTheLightingGuy

Would you please give some more detail on how you made this work? Did you use the first generation Launchpad Pro, or did you use mkII?
GGGss

[edit] .
Since you are writing the profile, my answer was complete rubbish
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore