openSUSE 13.2: rpm-package by hand

cingulingu

Uhmm...I don't follow. Why libmad is needed ? Isn't present in the OBS system ?
OBS uses a clean OSS VM-s without additional (extra) repositories. And as far as I know there is no codecs packed in official distros, do to codec licenses.
It is much easier to build it for distros that you want then download it, for each distro and arhitecture. Just accept the request. It will not touch your build.
This is weird, cause the official 32bit build for Ubuntu is built on Ubuntu 12.04, which should have GCC 4.6. I have no idea why the OBS complains.
I guess we can patch the variables.pri file (line 15) as a temporary solution.

I think it was patched in a extra package from additional repo. The same story.
Please try again. I have improved the unittest script to detect if a X server is available.
In case, what is the username used by the OBS, and is the xvfb package available ?
Nop, NO-go. Produce the same error. As I said, There is NO X-server or xfb. In any Virtual Machine on OBS they are Headless.
mcallegari

cingulingu wrote:
Uhmm...I don't follow. Why libmad is needed ? Isn't present in the OBS system ?
OBS uses a clean OSS VM-s without additional (extra) repositories. And as far as I know there is no codecs packed in official distros, do to codec licenses.
It is much easier to build it for distros that you want then download it, for each distro and arhitecture. Just accept the request. It will not touch your build.
Request accepted
cingulingu wrote:
This is weird, cause the official 32bit build for Ubuntu is built on Ubuntu 12.04, which should have GCC 4.6. I have no idea why the OBS complains.
I guess we can patch the variables.pri file (line 15) as a temporary solution.

I think it was patched in a extra package from additional repo. The same story.
Please patch variables.pri, then we'll find a better solution
cingulingu wrote:
Please try again. I have improved the unittest script to detect if a X server is available.
In case, what is the username used by the OBS, and is the xvfb package available ?
Nop, NO-go. Produce the same error. As I said, There is NO X-server or xfb. In any Virtual Machine on OBS they are Headless.
That's the point. See this:
https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/c ... 40d2f247ed

if `pidof X` doesn't return the PID of a running X server, the UI test units are not performed now.
Since the error you posted was related to them, it has to work now.

It's building now. I'll have a look at the logs later.
By the way, how can we build on Qt5 ?
mcallegari

Just checked.
It still fails. So, you're not telling me the truth :)

Please do the following in a OBS shell and paste here the output

whoami
pidof X
export
cingulingu

Actually I did, tel the truth, I take a better look at what you done in ./unitest. You xvfb to detect the xserver.
But, as I said: " There is NO X-server or xvfb. In any Virtual Machine on OBS they are Headless. "
So.. you added the xvfb as a build requirement and it went on. That problem is solved :P
The next is that the language files (.ts) are missing. For the rpm builds I just call ./translate in the %pre section of the .spec file.
I'm not that deep in deb-pkg. Is there a way to do the same in debian files? And may be it will need some more dependencies (for translation to work)

P.S. There is another way. You can call the ./translate in witch you can add a test string for .ts files
mcallegari

Hey Veljko, let's open a new thread.
This was originally for OpenSUSE builds.
cingulingu

Do it :)