openSUSE 13.2: rpm-package by hand

pengumaniac

For all those of you, who want to build a clean e.g. qlcplus-4.9.2-1.x86_64.rpm

Beta-warnings:
Only tested once on x86_64
- pls check first, verify & report
- if we are asked, which file of "variables.pri" to patch,
we answer brave "./variables.pri" (sometimes I' m plain dopy...)

Here the files based upon veljko stankov (cingulingu1) and corrected to merge into the tree:

Edit: File deleted / outdated
Last edited by pengumaniac on Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gentoo | profile=desktop | LXDE | QLC+ qt4-build / openSUSE 13.2-x86_64 | KDE | QLC+ qt5-rpmbuild
The best way to predict the future is to invent it. (Alan Curtis Kay) - I'd like to emerge -avuND world, but there are no news in sync for stable updates
cingulingu

Thanks to notice it.
I just want to remember all of those, that don't wont to build it it by them self.
That they can found the compiled versions for Opensuse 13.1/13.2 on my OBS.
Link: https://build.opensuse.org/project/show ... ingulingu1

There a three main versions for i586 and x86_64 bit:

1) qlcplus : Last released version
2) qlcplus-git : Latest version from git, build against Qt4
3) qlcplus-qt5 : Latest version from git, build against Qt5

P.S.
Just click on the version of your choice and go to the download page...
mcallegari

cingulingu wrote:I just want to remember all of those, that don't wont to build it it by them self.
That they can found the compiled versions for Opensuse 13.1/13.2 on my OBS.
Link: https://build.opensuse.org/project/show ... ingulingu1
Hey Veljko, I tried to contact you a while ago for the OBS but didn't catch you :)

I would like to add a link to your OBS repo to the QLC+ website download page but:
- I noticed you split the QLC+ package into qlcplus and qlcplus-plugins. Is there a particular reason for it ? If it's cause of the OLA plugin, I think it would be a better idea to have a qlcplus package with all the plugins except for OLA and a qlcplus-olaplugin package with just the OLA plugin.
- the Url in qlcplus.spec is wrong. (line 6) Should be "http://www.qlcplus.org/"
- is there a particular reason why openSUSE provides i586 packages and not i686 ?
- have you ever managed to enable Ubuntu builds ? I created an account on OBS, tried to do it but failed. It would be interesting to have a sort of "nightly build" system

Thanks
cingulingu

Hi, Massimo
Shore you can add the link.
About the split the QLC+ package into qlcplus and qlcplus-plugins; I split them when you have done a rework on most of them. So It was easier to revert them back if needed.
But you don’t need to worry about that. Simply because the qlcplus-plugin is stated in qlcplus rpm as requirement and it is downloaded automaticly.
And if you want I can do it as you sad.

1) About: the Url in qlcplus.spec is wrong. (line 6) Should be "http://www.qlcplus.org/"
Sorry I missed it :P , I will correct it ASASP.
2) About : is there a particular reason why openSUSE provides i586 packages and not i686 ?
Actually is for compatibility. Because the 32bit distro is mostly used for old/special purposes. It is rarely used for day to day use.
mcallegari

cingulingu wrote:About the split the QLC+ package into qlcplus and qlcplus-plugins; I split them when you have done a rework on most of them. So It was easier to revert them back if needed.
But you don’t need to worry about that. Simply because the qlcplus-plugin is stated in qlcplus rpm as requirement and it is downloaded automaticly.
And if you want I can do it as you sad.
OK if it is a hard dependency, but still there could be QLC+ versions around with no plugins installed. Then there would be users asking in this forum "why my IO panel is empty ??" :shock:
I would prefer if the only separate plugin would be OLA, like I do with .deb packages. The OLA plugin has a lot of dependencies and some users might not be interested into it.
Also I don't like QLC+ to depend on OLA, simply because QLC+ plugins are loaded at runtime if they are found, so the OLA plugin could be missing with no consequences (and a lot less dependencies)

Anything about OBS Ubuntu builds ?
cingulingu

I got your point. Take a look on OBS - qlcplus. I think I did as you liked ;)
Not yet on git versions. It will be soon (today).
mcallegari

Very nice, thanks.

I will add the link to your repo later on as well.
cingulingu

Not yet on git versions. It will be soon (today). Done too.
There is a more elegant way to integrate it in to your web page then the plain link. it is called "one click install" I think I posted it on the surceforge blog (years ago).
Link: https://sourceforge.net/p/qlcplus/discu ... /e6ecfd69/ But you will need to edit the .ymp file (12.x, 13.0 deprecated by OBS) and add 13.2
mcallegari

Done: http://www.qlcplus.org/downloads.html
Can you please tell me if the 1-click link works on openSUSE ?
cingulingu

Sure they work! 1-click is an opensuse default automated system to install files and add repositories.
Tested OK!
pengumaniac

tG, he's alive...
1st of all, sorry Veljko - in my clumsy, reticent quirk I contemplated as quite natural,
that your OBS-repo should be the first choice (like that's already said on old SourceForge Forum).
Missing of your knowledge already in the sources, I named thread especially "rpm-package by hand".

Now, glad of induced talking about some clarifications, :idea: let's bring it all together:

My moaning and groaning is only on qlcplus.spec
  • clean at frist maybe leftovers

Code: Select all

%install
    rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
    INSTALL_ROOT=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT make install
  • and why the effort to move the udev rules?

%if 0%{?suse_version} > 1230
    mkdir -p %{buildroot}/usr/lib/udev
But I don't give a hoot one way or the other. The main thing is that they work, Massimo, isn't it...?

Another difference to create-rpm.sh is also only, to clean /tmp afterwards:

mv /tmp/qlcplus-$VERSION.tar.gz $RPMBUILD/SOURCES 
if [ -d /tmp/qlcplus-$VERSION ]; then
        rm -rf /tmp/qlcplus-$VERSION
fi
Even over times of TB hdd sizes we must'nt keep each garbage...

I'd be fully satisfied if Veljko could also merge & maintain the needed files into our source package, like the Fedora-rpm is.
- is there a particular reason why openSUSE provides i586 packages and not i686 ?
A miracle, haven't a clue - never seen i486, too. Maybe it explodes on even Digits?
Gentoo | profile=desktop | LXDE | QLC+ qt4-build / openSUSE 13.2-x86_64 | KDE | QLC+ qt5-rpmbuild
The best way to predict the future is to invent it. (Alan Curtis Kay) - I'd like to emerge -avuND world, but there are no news in sync for stable updates
cingulingu

Hi, Massimo
I just have some concerns about the unofficial link.
Actually. When they install the official version they add my repo.
So whoever wants to add ola plugin and OLA, or use/test the git versions, it is much easier to do it in YAST.
And the versions will be automaticly updated.
My suggestion is to remove the link and add some instructions like:

To install Qlc+ on OpenSUSE just click on the install button. If you want OLA functions please use YAST, search for "qlcplus" and add qlcplus-olaplugin.
And if you want to test the latest unofficial version use YAST to remove the official version and select the test version (git/qt5) and olaplugin accordingly.
mcallegari

cingulingu wrote:I just have some concerns about the unofficial link.
Which one ? the 1-Click link or the other pointing to the download repo ?

I don't know much about openSUSE, so just please tell me what to do :)
cingulingu

Hi, pengumaniac
The clean at first maybe leftovers:
I’m not using it on OBS just because I don’t need it. OBS always use a nice clean image of the virtual machine.
So there is no leftovers from the previous builds.
But Yes, you have to do it first on your local one machine.

and why the effort to move the udev rules:
Because in the opensuse udev subsystem changed from classical udev to hwdb (hardware database). But for the retro compatibility it still can load the classic udev rules from that dir.

Another difference to create-rpm.sh is also only, to clean /tmp afterwards: The answer is the same as the first.

For the fedora builds... well... if someone can provide the dependences. It is just a matter of reconfiguring the .spec file for different builds...
The bigest problem may be the rpm-s that are not included in the main fedora oss repo.
cingulingu

to: Massimo
the other pointing to the download repo
mcallegari

cingulingu wrote:to: Massimo
the other pointing to the download repo
If i got it right though, the 1-Click link also points to your repo. Or am I missing something ?
cingulingu

Yes. That's right. It is, by default, added to the repository db. And from then on, every thing can be managed directly true yast install/remove software ( like synaptic on deb,ubuntu ).
My suggestion is to substitute the link with some instructions, like:
To install Qlc+ on OpenSUSE just click on the install button. If you want OLA functions please use YAST install/remove software, search for "qlcplus" and add qlcplus-olaplugin.
And if you want to test the latest unofficial version use YAST to remove the official version and select the test version (git/qt5) and olaplugin, accordingly.
P.S.
I think, that the website will look much more clean and neat.
cingulingu

Added tumbleweed and Fedora 21/22 builds and repositories. The builds are not tested yet. Can someone test them. Specially the usb-dmx detection on fedora.
I'm not shore if the " /usr/lib/udev/rules.d " is a right place for the udev rules for fedora. Can someone confirm it?
pengumaniac

Last one struggling was here viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3115&p=38405&hilit=Fedora#p38405
just await...

Not too bad, too - But my purpose was, you could also maintain it on https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus parallel to Fedora rpm creation - like my proposal on opening...
(As I was pretty new here, "years back then", I thought 1st "fine, RPM" but soon I realized the diffs)

No haste - If it's just me, who wants to patch sth., but nevertheless also likes the advantages of clean de-/installation management through apper...

thanks!
cingulingu

To: pengumaniac
Take a better look on the unofficial link. You have 2x fedora build and the git variant for both i586 and x86_64. The only thing that is missing on fedoras repos is the qt5 variant....