Build-Problem on OSX

Chris De Rock

There is a little problem on "make install" on OSX (Yosemite) while building QLC+ from source (direct from git). The QT-Libs (5.4.1) are not copyed into the App-bundle, so "make install" fails. is there any fix or workaround for that?
mcallegari

Hi, moved to Software Development forum.

You're probably missing something written in the Wiki in this paragraph:
https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/w ... #compiling

Code: Select all

export QTDIR=/Users/myuser/Qt5.3.2/5.3/clang_64
This is essential for qmake and make install.
Note that there is NO trailing backslash at the end of the export
Chris De Rock

Thank you. Its a long time ago that i bulit my last version of QLC+..
Chris De Rock

Ok, buld and install works (after small changes):

if i build with libftd2xx, the build fails on nanodmx.cpp and euroliteusbdmxpro.cpp. maybe you can disable these files whils building with libftd2xx. an other thing is, that the dmx-device is shown, but without the serial number. if i open the config dialog, QLC+ crashes in dmxusbconfig.
mcallegari

Chris De Rock wrote:if i build with libftd2xx, the build fails on nanodmx.cpp and euroliteusbdmxpro.cpp. maybe you can disable these files whils building with libftd2xx.
Done. See this: https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/c ... b5a1e48f3d
Weird though that it didn't give me errors. Probably my build environment is different from yours.
Chris De Rock wrote:an other thing is, that the dmx-device is shown, but without the serial number. if i open the config dialog, QLC+ crashes in dmxusbconfig.
When there is no serial number it means the FTDI driver is not working properly (normally because of the stupid Apple driver)
Other than that, you should probably try to get out some debug information to understand why it crashes
Chris De Rock

mcallegari wrote: Done. See this: https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/c ... b5a1e48f3d
Weird though that it didn't give me errors. Probably my build environment is different from yours.
Thank you. an other little thing... i see that QT per default only supports x86_64. currently i build QT 5.4.2 from scratch to support i386 too. i think, support for older macs would be nice. i try to build an universal binary and give you response to that.
mcallegari

Chris De Rock wrote:i think, support for older macs would be nice. i try to build an universal binary and give you response to that.
How older Macs ?
As far as I know, 64bit Macs exist since many years now. (probably when they switched to Intel ?)
By the way, QLC+ has always been released for 64bit OSX and as far as I can tell, nobody asked for a 32bit version, so I'm not sure if your efforts in that direction are worthy at this point