Feature requests for extra matrix features

dj fonic

Please add the option to use different configurations of RGB for + LED Panels ( I am using WS2812B led strip and the moment with a controller that requires RGB to be in GRB order to display the correct colours ) It's very long winded to have to write a profile and manually assign each fixture in the monitor and get them in the correct order to work with the matrix widget. A simple option to use RGB GBR BRG BGR GRB or GBR in the panel layout window would save all this hassel.

Please add the option to use gif. animations with the led panel widget.

At present on osx picture option and spectrum fx do not work :(

Also the option to use muti colours with all the plain colour fx's in the led panel widget would also be a great improvement.
mcallegari

Anything else ? Tea ? Biscuits ? :D

Seriously, if you have seen this post, you'd see that I added more profiles to RGB panels.
For now RGB, BGR and RGBW are supported. I can add some more weird RGB configurations.

GIF animations have already been evaluated and they are tough to implement.
dj fonic wrote:At present on osx picture option and spectrum fx do not work :(
Also the option to use muti colours with all the plain colour fx's in the led panel widget would also be a great improvement.
Please provide more details about these two. I don't understand.
mcallegari

It's your lucky day :)
I've added more RGB modes on GIT: https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/c ... 5be922c93a
dj fonic

mcallegari,
Wow great news on the RGB modes ( new to github does this mean they are added to version 4.9.1 ? ). After spending many hours creating two profiles and getting my led strip to work in the correct colours, I can now save loads of time with my new projects by using the correct configuration brill :D :D .

"Anything else" don't get me started :lol: . Seriously, I hope to surgest only good improvements that help other users or improve the software.

Now Im gonna load version 4.9.1 for mac before I explain the RGB matrix picture pattern & audio spectrum pattern issue in the RGB Matrix Editor in more detail as these may now work. Fingers crossed I can use audio triggers too?

Regarding "quote" "Also the option to use multi colours with all plain colour fx's in the led panel widget would be a great improvement". I was in fact referring to the RGB Matrix Editor (sorry called it led panel widget) and what I was trying to say was that patterns with a single colour selection or even patterns with a start colour and end colour could have a rainbow colour option?
A Mask overlay option would be cool for text pattern, but this would require two patterns to run at the same time.
OddSocks

As far as I know, you can run multiple RGB matrix patterns at once.
mcallegari

A Mask overlay option would be cool for text pattern, but this would require two patterns to run at the same time.
This is in my mind since a while and sooner or later I will implement it.

@OddSocks: I think he's not referring to multiple matrices at the same time. As you said it is already supported.
One thing that is missing in QLC+ is the "masking" feature between running functions.
For example, imagine to have an ordinary gradient matrix and a scrolling text matrix on top of it.
Now, the option needed is setting the text matrix as "masking layer" so it will assume a grayscale color, where black means no color and white means a masked color, in this case what the gradient matrix produces at a certain xy position.

In this way you can get a super cool colorful scrolling text by mixing two matrices :)
nedmech

mcallegari wrote:One thing that is missing in QLC+ is the "masking" feature between running functions.
Yes, please! :D :D :D I've been wanting to use something like that since I first started checking out QLC+. Thanks for being so responsive to us users, and keep up the great development work!
OddSocks

Ok, I can see some very interesting effects with that.

Would you set up layers as front and back as well as mask? Just trying to get my head around how it might work.

Does sound like a cool idea.

By the way Mcallegari I realise this is just, idea kicking round, stage not expecting to see it in the next couple of days ;)
mcallegari

OddSocks wrote:Would you set up layers as front and back as well as mask? Just trying to get my head around how it might work.
I would say the mask layer(s) must be on top of every other "color" layer(s)
Basically you could have several color layers and several mask layers, but they muct respect a stacking order.
For example, a bottom-up stack could be:

- gradient (color)
- squares (color)
- text (mask)
- fill (mask)

It would be a messy result, but just to give you the idea...
dj fonic

Hi,

Yes this is what I was trying to explain.

Normally you just use one mask layer normally text or logo.

It's the top layer over the colour layer.

A simple way to add mask option to the matrix editor could be, to add mask as a colour option in the colour chart ?

Regards

Alex
mcallegari

Blend mode implemented !
It looks really nice :)
nedmech

Awesome, Massimo! I look forward to testing it out.
nedmech

Just tested this on Linux Mint KDE 17.2, QLC+ 4.10.0_TEST_20150925. Takes a little more effort to get what I was hoping for (solid color wave taking over from a plasma background and fading back to the plasma), but it seems to be working great! I just have to duplicate the wave (or other function) as a subtractive and additive layer and make sure they run simultaneously. Thanks for the great addition!