Linux build qt4 then q5

iamchrislaurie

I am trying to build QLC+ on Ubuntu using qt5. I had previously built it very successfully using qt4 but as I need video for our next show I wanted to do it with qt5.

I followed all the instructions in build details and the various installs seemed to go fine but when I build with the qt5 qmake I get this message:

Project MESSAGE: Building QLC+ 4 QtWidget UI and it immediately goes back to the command prompt.

I have renamed the previous QLC+ folder in my home dir and re-cloned from git but it is the same.

Straight qmake (which is qt4) gives a different error: Unable to generate makefile for ... qlc.pro

Doing make distclean also errors:

Project ERROR: Unknown modules in QT: script.

What am I missing? :oops:
mcallegari

Hi Chris,
you're missing the qtscript package in your system ? :)

The message you see (Building QLC+ 4 QtWidget UI) is correct and it's printed when invoking qmake.
After that you need to run make.

Note that to build on Qt5 you don't necessarily need to use the system packages.
You can download the official release from the Qt website, install it and then invoke qmake with its absolute location of the newly installed Qt version.
In this way you can use Qt 5.4.1, so you'll have the latest version.
It's all written in the qiki anyway
iamchrislaurie

All sorted now, I guess I forgot the message or it is new.

I did not have the qtscript package installed - I suspect I messed up the install script. After massive problems with repositories (I'm now calling them suppositories) I eventually got the script installed.

All compiled and now to test the video stuff on Linux.