qlc+ won´t install on 32 bit Arch linux

Marco Robbesom

I´ve been trying to install qlc+ on an old laptop (Toshiba Tecra) but it just won compile in Arch (Manjaro) on a 32 bit system.
It will install on a 64-bit machine and even on a 32-bit OS on a 64 bit machine.
It also doesn´t install on a 32-bit virtual machine
In Debian I solved this by installing libudev0 but Debian doesn´t support my wireless card and Arch linux does.
So in order to use the web interface with a wireless connection I need it to be an Arch linux,but then I can´t install QLC+.
I tried compiling libudev0 on that laptop to resolve dependency problems,but that also failed,because Arch doesn´t ship that anymore.
I´m lost here,anyone with a solution?
I am aware I should probably put this on an Arch forum,but I think there´s not too many people out there knowing about QLC+ and it might be resolved by updating the source code
Massimo Callegari

Moved to development forum.

Hello to you, build QLC+ from sources. It takes less than what you can imagine.
Instructions here: https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/w ... uild-HOWTO
giacomo

Hey Marco, have you tried this to?
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/qlcplus

I don't use manjaro but I guess you've already installed an aur package manager, like yoaurt or packer etc.
Massimo Callegari

Thanks Giacomo. I recalled too late that somebody created the AUR packages but I didn't check if they were actually updated.
Marco Robbesom

First of all,thanks for the comments.As Manjaro is an Arch-Linux and Qlc+ resides in the AUR it builds from sources (or rather not.).
I think the problem lies in the fact that both Debian and Arch abandonded libudev0 which is one of the dependencies for Qlc+.Now,after my last system update,my 64-bit machine won't update to 4.8.3-1.As Debian and Arch are major distro's,I think it would be wise to change the dependencies to a more modern device driver,wich I believe libudev0 is.
giacomo

Hi Marco,
I updated qlcplus to 4.8.3 from AUR but first I had to delete the line about the ola plugin in the pgbuild (if I understood right, now the install process check it by itself), it's the line after "# don't build ola plugin".

Happy Xmas to all
Marco Robbesom

OK thanks,I got it working by just updating my kernel from 3.14(LTS) to 3.16 and it worked like a charm.Thanks for the effort guys...and a mary Christmas to you all
Marco Robbesom

And remember,that feedback makes open source software from just good,to awesome
Massimo Callegari

1. libudev is not a device driver. Read some Linux documentation first to understand what it what
2. QLC+ depends on libudev. Period. Version 0 or 1 is a stupid invention of Debian/Ubuntu. QLC+ builds fine either on libudev0 or libudev1.
3. Since there are still a lot of people using 32bit distros (cause they don't even know they have a 64bit computer) the 32bit package of QLC+ (built on Ubuntu 12.04) depends on libudev0 while the 64bit package (built on Ubuntu 14.04) depends on libudev1