questions about cue lists & cue stacks, chaser & midi control

mirko

Hi all,

first i've to say i'm new to qlc / qlc+ and this forum. I promise i'll try my best to follow the rules and i also used the search engine before, but i didn't find what i was looking for.

I've some problems with the cues, more precisely: i don't get some basic funktion i'm missing on QLC+.

1. I built a couple of chasers (different color scenes). All theire step durations are set to infinitely. Now i would like to run them "speed controled" ...
... a) I tried to run each of them inside a cue list. This worked aslong i trigger manually with a key on my usb-Midi-Keyboard (step forward).
... b) I also used an audio trigger, which worked too.
But that's not what i want to run. I would like to control all chasers / cues with one (!!!) simple speed control. Something, i can assaign to a fader or a pot, like i change the speed of gobos / shutter and so on too. Is that possible in QLC?

2. Like i said above, i already used the audio trigger for a cue list. It worked fine ... but i have around 40 chasers, which i wanna run sound controlled. Do i really have to built a audio trigger for each of them, or is it possible to get one global audio trigger, which is usefull for all cue lists?

3. I like to work with cue stacks. But somehow i can't find a way to get them assigned to my midi keaboard. Is there a way to get them on buttons and faders of my midi hardware?

Just in case You need to know what i'am using:
- QLC+ at MacBook Pro with Yosemite 10.10.2
- enttec DMX USB Pro MK II Interface
- M-Audio Evolution MK-461C Keyboard
- (comming next week) AKAI APC Mini Controller

Thanks for Your help and have a nice weekend!

Mirko
Jano Svitok

"1": create a speed dial widget, and assign all your cues to it. It has lots of parameters, hopefully it will do what you want. http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/vcspeeddial.html

"2": I don't know about other possiblity than 40 audio triggers. It may be possible to hack together something using specially crafted cuelist and loopback plugin, but I'm not sure whether is it worth the trouble.

"3": Cue stacks (in Simple Desk tab) do not have MIDI control (yet) and I don't think they will have it soon.
mirko

Thank You, Jano! That's what i was looking for.

about 2. & 3. ,,, ok, i think i can deal with it. Thanks för Your Help!