PROBLEM size screen/probleme with button/QLC+4.8.3 bugs?

Adeline

Hi everybody.

I'm using QLC+4.8.3 working with Mac osx 10.8.5 connect to bcf2000 everything works well expect 3 problems (I think some bugs not "wrong utilisation" from me)

1st :
Each time i'm going in "SIMPLE DESk" the screen of QLC+ become bigger that the screeen of my computer and it's not possible to get the qlc screen smaller!!!! so i miss 1/10 of the software's functions, I have to turn off qlc and turn it on again to get the good size (And I don't go any more in SIMPLE DESk)!!!!!

2nd:
If I go to the OPERATE MODE, it's works. But if I go back to the DESIGN MODE and back again to the OPERATE MODE, the buttons are like inactive, I cannot select any more any button (with the logiciel but with the BCF 2000 too).

I have to go back in DESIGN MODE, change some stuff, move some stuff and SOMETIMES it works again, BUT SOMETIMES NO! I have again to turn off the software and turn it on again.
But IT'S NOT REGULAR! Sometimes it's work well and at the moment I'm any more able to select my buttons!

3rd :
With with my BCF2000 why do I have to clic twice on a button to deselect a functions in toggle mode???

Thx for a quick answer.. really need your help.

(and sorry for my english!)
Adeline
Jano Svitok

1: see 4.1 in http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/parameterst ... SimpleDesk you can control how many sliders SimpleDesk has.

2: I haven't seen that

3: I may have seen that, but I can't really help now. You may try to edit the BCF2000 buttons to change the behavior of the buttons. Later I may have a deeper look into this, but I don't promise.
Adeline

Thx for your answer.
My biggest problem is the second one !

I CANNOT do nothing. So, each time I go the the design mode, it's ok, I can do what I want, if i go back to the operate mode (are changing something in Design mode) any button can be select (even on the bcf2000) I have to turn off the software, that a "little" problem.
I don't know what to try. Need a quick solution, but I don't know from "where" can come the problem.
david garyga

Hi

About your 2nd point: is it possible for you to list precise steps in order to reproduce your issue ?

Does it happen if you start from a clean project too ?
If not, can you share a faulty workspace ?

Thanks
Adeline

Hi! it do it too in a clean project, with everything different from the other one. It do the same with the BCF2000 or without, and with or without the enttec.

SO, if I'm programming it's ok, everything works. I go to OPERATE mode, and sometimes it's works normally, but at the moment if i go back to DESIGN mode and change some stuff (like the midi mapping with the bcf) and I go back to OPERATE mode, i'm any more able to selct the buttons, only the button, knob and fader works well. ANd the only thing to do is turning off QLC+. In fact it's depend, it can be after 3 or 4 times passing from OPERATE to DESIgn or just sometimes at the first time...
I hope you understand what I mean! What can I try to do?
Adeline
Adeline

So for my 3dr problem (clic twice the button of the bcf to desactivate a function)

Just edit the bcf to say it NO TOOGLE

Push EDIT button of your BCF2000 -> in the same time push your selected button (for exemple button 1 top) -> turn to the left the 6th knob from the left (mode knob) "tOFF" -> push the EXIT button.

Dpn't forget to store the BCF -> twice STORE.

Now it work normally.

I don't have the answer of the biggest problem.

Thx
Adeline

And for my first problem ,

in the SIMPLE DESK, just clic in "VIEW MODE" (at the top at the left) , you ll see all your channel "grouped" by projector, Here you can now change th esize of the screen!

ALWAYS IN MY 2nd PROBLEM!
Adeline

So, anybody has an idea about my problem?
I'm waiting your answer!
I cannot use QLC+ for the moment cause of this bug...
Thx.
Adeline
Jano Svitok

Can you post a screenshot or video of the problem? What operating system do you have?
david garyga

> I'm using QLC+4.8.3 working with Mac osx 10.8.5 connect to bcf2000 everything works well expect 3 problems (I think some bugs not "wrong utilisation" from me)

Mac os x...

-

> SO, if I'm programming it's ok, everything works. I go to OPERATE mode, and sometimes it's works normally, but at the moment if i go back to DESIGN mode and change some stuff (like the midi mapping with the bcf) and I go back to OPERATE mode, i'm any more able to selct the buttons, only the button, knob and fader works well. ANd the only thing to do is turning off QLC+. In fact it's depend, it can be after 3 or 4 times passing from OPERATE to DESIgn or just sometimes at the first time...
I hope you understand what I mean! What can I try to do?
Adeline

Precision: Is it design mode or virtual console: live edit mode ?

Also,
I'm not sure I understand this part:

> i'm any more able to selct the buttons, only the button, knob and fader works well.

Does this mean that some buttons work ?

Can you share a workspace file ?

Thanks.
Adeline

Sorry for my english! So, sometimes ANY BUTTONS cant be selected....
You can have a look on this workspace, but it do it even in a clean one.

Thx. I should have a show with QLC this week end but i'm not sure to be able to use it even if i like the interface of the software.. thx. if ou have a idea of the problem ...

Adeline
Attachments
test2.qxw
(57.94 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
david garyga

> Can you post a screenshot or video of the problem?
Jano Svitok

I suppose this thread is about similar problem: https://sourceforge.net/p/qlcplus/discu ... /984dd19e/

I sometimes also experienced problem where I could not click a (toggle) button for a scene, it didn't stay pushed, and nothing happened. I'm not sure, but if I remember correctly, only restart helped. I can't reproduce it intentionally.

I don't have an idea where the problem is, but I suppose that it is somewhere deep in GenericFader/MasterTimer and/or VCButton/VCFrame code. Something like QLC+ thinks the function is already running but it isn't...

I usually prepare everything I can before gig, then I save workspace and restart QLC+ without doing any changes until something is needed.
david garyga

I don't think I've ever encountered this particular issue on linux.

Jano, do you run a mac os x ?
Jano Svitok

I'm on linux too.