fftw issues when compiling 4.8.2 on Ubuntu 14.04

Patrick Rea

Hi! Just getting into PC based lighting control and am starting with QLC+. Tried the Windows version inside a VMware session for initial testing but all my machines are linux (Ubuntu 14.04 or OpenMandriva 2014) so I need to compile.

I have checked all my dependancies as stated on https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/w ... uild-HOWTO but I get the errors "undefined reference to 'fftw_malloc' , 'fftw_free', 'fftw_execute', 'fftw_plan_dft_r2c_ld' and 'fftw_destroy_plan'

I thought I had made the mistake of only having libfftw3-dev but I have verified I have libfftw3-3 installed as well.

Any thoughts?
OddSocks

Why don't you get the deb file if you are running 14.04?
Patrick Rea

That would be too easy! :)

I honestly didn't know I could. Thought it was Debian specific. I typically only use RedHat based systems. I have another test compile happening as we speak and I tried as 'make distclean' instead of 'make clean'. Looks like it's behaving this time around. If it bails out again, I'll grab the .deb file.
Patrick Rea

Ok. Doing a 'make distclean' seems to have solved a ton of issues after updating all my dependancies. A straight 'make clean' doesn't do it.

And you also have to have the OLA plugin installed in order to compile even though it isn't listed as being required.
Patrick Rea

Ok. That all failed miserably. Even after setting up OLA and having the OLA-dev, it then bails on protobuf. I installed protobuf and protobuf-dev and ran a 'make distclean', it still fails on protobuf.

No problem I says to myself and grabbed the *.deb premade version. As I tried to install using dpkg, I get the following errors:

dpkg: error processing package qlcplus (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Processing triggers for gnome-menus (3.10.1-0ubuntu2) ...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.22-1ubuntu1) ...
Processing triggers for bamfdaemon (0.5.1+14.04.20140409-0ubuntu1) ...
Rebuilding /usr/share/applications/bamf-2.index...
Processing triggers for mime-support (3.54ubuntu1) ...
Processing triggers for shared-mime-info (1.2-0ubuntu3) ...
Unknown media type in type 'all/all'
Unknown media type in type 'all/allfiles'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/mms'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/mmst'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/mmsu'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/pnm'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/rtspt'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/rtspu'
Errors were encountered while processing:
qlcplus

Thanks.
Massimo Callegari

OLA is not a requirement of the .deb package.
In fact, it is distributed separately.

Also, when you build QLC+ yourself you should read carefully the howto.
It's all written there. Do not skip any line.

By the way, the messaages you posted don't help to solve your issue, but I think you're messing up with packages.
Markus Baertschi

Hi Patrick,

I'm on 14.04 64bit and could install the deb with no issue. I don't remember if there was a prerequisite, but It certainly was just a matter of 'apt-get install xxx' to resolve it.

Today I decided to tinker and started with a 'git clone'. After installing a couple of prerequisites with 'apt-get' my it compiles and runs now nicely. I installed the source because I want to play with some changes, otherwise the deb package is working nicely.

To your problem with the deb install, is a 'sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get update' running through with no issues ?
This command will update your system to the latest level, but you should be there anyway. Sometimes some installs leave broken dependencies around, you should cler these before installing the deb.