QLC+ TEST versions

gmint

janosvitok wrote:
gmint wrote:Crashes for me on launch under OS X 10.12.2 :( FWIW, I believe that 4.10.5(all versions) exhibited the same behavior. 4.10.4 works.
The crash is during initialization of OLA plugin. I suppose ola plugin version does not match the actual ola version. Either remove ola plugin or upgrade ola. Or something. :)
Well what do you know, that was it ;) I don't even recall installing OLA, but I must have. Luckily even if I'm not smart enough to figure out what's causing the crash, at least I can figure out where OLA was installed from the crash log... Thanks @Janosvitok
janosvitok

Great! :)
MayanBlue

Thank you for the latest test version for theatre using.

The problem, i've reported here, is solved.

Great work!
Mihai Andrei

If you can integrate the function
"Virtual Console / Slider: improved level monitoring with The Possibility to act like a Simple Desk slider (see documentation)"
  Also in the XY pad for moving heads and perfect!
if you use it without the virtual console screen holds up ... do not crash .. obvious to use it you have to have an external controller .. as I tried it ..
caxpern

Thanks a lot Massimo!
Only thing i noticed is that the slider monitor isn't showing the actual fade out time, only the fade in from the next que! I got really confused before realizing!

Again, thanks for all the work you put into this!
omar86

Is there any possibility to see a full 16bit control in test version? There are a lot of fixture with fine DIMMER, fine zoom, fine RGB and fine pan and tilt.. it would be a great addon..
Thank you for your work
debbio

+1
16 bit support would be great!!!
didou64

Hi Massimo,
I don't know if this has already escalated.
I just compiled latest git version and I found a little bug when modifying color in a scene.

When max value (255) is set for blue channel (0xFF) for instance, when you want to modify color by clicking on relevant icon, values are not correct: 254 instead of 255, 0xFE instead of 0xFF. See screenshot attached.

Works fine when initial value is not equal to 255...

Hope this helps.
Attachments
QLC_4.10.6GIT_Issue with color.png
Didou
QLC+ Version: 4.12.0
janosvitok

ColorPicker problem seems like a QT Bug e.g. https://forum.qt.io/topic/49790/qcolord ... d-qt-red/6
Mihai Andrei

used for several hours at my own risk .. I had no crash! Institute to perfection for 10 consecutive hours ... with normal modifcation the program during the event.
My configuration:
SW: QLC + _4.10.6-TEST-20170326.dmg
And signaling over E1:31 to OLA on Raspberry Pi 3 with USB interface Enttec Pro
lorenzoandreani

QLC+_4.11.0.1 (22/04/2017) on Windows 10 crash when open a .qxw workspace.

I think the problem is due to the new sequence management because if you convert the file to the online converter, the problem does not occur.
Attachments
Crash Sequence.qxw
(124.07 KiB) Downloaded 2504 times
mcallegari

lorenzoandreani wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:28 am QLC+_4.11.0.1 (22/04/2017) on Windows 10 crash when open a .qxw workspace.

I think the problem is due to the new sequence management because if you convert the file to the online converter, the problem does not occur.
Indeed, after a recent rework on Sequences, backward compatibility is interrupted.
However, QLC+ should not crash and should show an error message saying that projects using sequences must be converted to the new format with the migration tools.

Anyway, I've fixed the crash on GIT, thanks for reporting.
nedmech

Finally got around to trying out 4.11.0 on my oldest production machine only to encounter the following error:

"Procedure entry point CancelIoEx could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll"

This particular computer is still running Windows XP (for various reasons). I'm assuming that compatibility with Windows XP has now been broken by the change to QT 5.9? The QT support page only lists Windows support back to Win7 (http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/supported-platforms.html). Can you confirm if that's really the case, or is this some other glitch I've run into?
janosvitok

mcallegari

At this point, I think bundling Qt 5.9 was a mistake.
There's been reports of issues also with older macOS versions.
Most likely 4.11.1 will bundle Qt 5.6.2 again but guys, I cannot support dinosaurs forever.
The world is moving on:
- Microsoft even stopped XP support
- Apple is constantly polling you to update to the very latest macOS version...until your Mac (or iPhone/iPad) will need to be thrown in the trash can

I don't understand why QLC+ can't adapt to these tendencies.

I really hope QLC+ 5 will draw a line on this. In any case Qt 5.9 will be the minimum version required for technical reasons.
nedmech

Thanks for confirming this, Massimo & Jano. I've got no problem with QLC+ moving forward and dropping support for XP. I plan to upgrade that machine to Windows 10 soon. I'm mostly waiting on my IT guy to actually purchase what we need to upgrade it.
mcallegari

I have reverted to Qt 5.6.2. Now test builds should work again on XP and Vista too.
I'm wondering though if in keeping Qt back we're missing something valuable, like for example multimedia improvements.
Apparently not (the damn issue of 0x0 videos has not been fixed (in years) yet) but still, the doubt remains.
soundupinc

Hello
thx for great software)
yesterday we hava test QLC+_4.11.1.90.exe
we use QLC with Akai APC Mini in 4.11 we have seen that Slider VALUE RANGE, don`t see limits (low limit and hight limit) when we use Slider on AKAI. all ok with this is in 4.10.5
dino.loss

hi,
You're right, same problem!
I did the test with QLC+ 4.11.1.154 with APC Mini and Windows 7
On the attached workspace the limit value is set between 8 and 134 and the monitor can vary from 0 to 255
Attachments
slider-limit.qxw
(2.4 KiB) Downloaded 2420 times
AKAI APC mini
Behringer Eurolight LC2412
Enttec DMX USB PRO MK2
Windows 7 64
mcallegari

Should be fixed now, please test version 4.11.1.162.
Thanks for reporting