Building on 64-bit Fedora

Robert Billing

I've hit an interesting problem building on 64-bit Fedora core version 20. When I do a make install it puts the libraries in /usr/lib but the running program looks for them in /usr/lib64 which means I have to move them manually. Would you like me to try to work out a tweak for the makefile to automate this?

Great program. I'm trying to get this working on a laptop to replace a rather old and erratic lighting board at a theatre near Reading in England. The ability to run both lights and audio cues from one program is a big plus from our point of view.
Rik

Same problem here -,- compiles fine with QT4/5 on Fedora 22, but the libs are not found when trying to start qlcplus. What do I have to change in the makefile?
mcallegari

Rik wrote:Same problem here -,- compiles fine with QT4/5 on Fedora 22, but the libs are not found when trying to start qlcplus. What do I have to change in the makefile?
In the Makefiles, nothing. A Qt application works with qmake, which generated Makefiles from .pro files.

You need to change this line to "lib64"
https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/b ... es.pri#L64
Rik

Thanks for your response, I will try out. What about the rpm qlcplus.spec? Do I have to change there the lib directory too?

Edit: Installs fine now with 'make install', but building rpm fails:

Code: Select all

Fehler beim Bauen des RPM:
    Installierte (aber nicht gepackte) Datei(en) gefunden:
   /usr/lib64/qt4/plugins/qlcplus/libolaio.so
So the path is correct, but it ist not packed.
pengumaniac

already solved?
if not, in rpm/qlcplus.spec
put the line "/usr/lib64/qt4/plugins/qlcplus/libolaio.so"
underneath %files list
Gentoo | profile=desktop | LXDE | QLC+ qt4-build / openSUSE 13.2-x86_64 | KDE | QLC+ qt5-rpmbuild
The best way to predict the future is to invent it. (Alan Curtis Kay) - I'd like to emerge -avuND world, but there are no news in sync for stable updates
Chris De Rock

One little hint for posting errors: Please make first "export LANG=C" then start make (or the tool you use) again. this produces english messages.
cingulingu

Hi, to all. Now you have Fedoras builds on Q Light Controller+ -> download page.
If you wish to test the latest git builds for qt4/qt5, i586/x86_64.
They can be found in this forum under "QLC+ TEST versions"