QLC+ 4.7.5 GIT Qt5 Can not change buttons colors

Santiago Benejam Torres

Tested with QLC+ 4.7.5 GIT Qt5 on Ubuntu 14.04 64bits. In virtual console, buttons with background colors different from default color that I created with QLC+ Qt4 version, all the buttons showed with the default color in QLC+ Qt5 version. If I try to change the button background color they don't change, remains with default colour. For the other types of widgets(sliders, knobs, speed dials, etc), I can change the background colors without problems, all show the color assigned when the project was created with Qt4 version of QLC+. With Qt4 versions changing background colors to buttons works well.
Jano Svitok

This is known limitation of QT5 version. Most probably we'd have to start using stylesheets for Qt5.
Massimo Callegari

Hi Luis, unfortunately Qt5 is not mature enough to cover everything that has been done with Qt4, especially on the multimedia part.
That's why I haven't released any Qt5 official version yet.
I've opened a number of bugs in the Qt BTS to solve the major ones I found but the transition will be slow.
I'm not even sure if there will ever be a Qt5 widgets-based version of QLC+. I've started a QML port but it requires a complete rewrite of the whole QLC+ UI :'(

Please be patient.
Santiago Benejam Torres

I did not know it was a Qt5 bug. Sorry. ;-)
Juha hartikainen

Hi Massimo,

I started to experiment with Qt stylesheets on QLC+. I noticed this thread and fact that you are considering rewriting UI with QML.

Any schedule?

Or in the other hand: is it worth? (as there is quite a lot of work needed). Quite a lot can be done also with (just) stylesheets, even some general Qt-stylesheets looks pretty nice as-is on QLC+.

So I think the question here is: What problem(s) QML solves and which benefits do we get by porting the code for it? Are the benefits greater than the cost (=time spent) for doing the port?
Massimo Callegari

Hi Juha, one thing you should never ask in a open source project is schedules :)

Read this: http://blog.qt.digia.com/blog/2013/09/0 ... -renderer/

QML is de facto the Qt suggested way of designing a UI nowadays. I've just started to do it and I have lot to learn, but indeed there are quite a few benefits.
It's premature to talk about this now. Please let me study more around it and when I will have something to show be sure I will.