Compiling QLCPlus on Windows

Tim

Hi

I am new to QLC Plus and I am trying to explore possibilities of customizing this software on windows platform. Can anybody help me or guide me to compile this application on windows 10. I tried following some of the web site links related to this and am not able to successfully compile the application. I will appreciate if someone who has gone through this exercise and can help me out starting from setting up the environment and compiling the code successfully.

Thanks again for all the help.
janosvitok

Hi

this is the "official" build recipe: https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/w ... -Build-Qt5
Did you follow it? What was the problem?

Out of curiosity: what do you want to customize?

Jano
Tim

Hi Jano

Thanks for the reply -- yes, i did follow. After installation couple of things were not working and so I was not able to compile:

1. MinGW-w64 Win32 Shell was not working
2. was getting errors on grep
3. qmake was giving errors
Tim

Hi Jano

Here are the errors:

************************************************************************************************************
'grep' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
'pkg-config' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
Project MESSAGE: Shadow build on

****************************************************************************************************************
janosvitok

I've updated the HOWTO -- I've added section about changing shortcuts. Did you change them? Did you run pacman -sU once more?

I've disabled every plugin that needed any dll (usbmdmx, velleman, pepperoni,...).

I've tried to compile, but I got stuck at moc audiodecoder_mad.h (unknown interface at line 49). I will get back to it later.

The end result is: I've been able start compilation.

Windows 10.10586, 64bit.

Jano
Tim

Thanks Jano

I will check that out again and will let you know.
GGGss

Sorry Guys,

Altough following all guides possible ~after 5 hours~ I give up... [compiling for audio issue see thread (I don't even bother to look it up)

WIN64 here and trying to compile ... finally I got the qmake working (to where, what? how can I check?)
but make ... pfft - no good!

i know I'm a absolute newby and had to adopt my enviroment to start compiling - I'm even not sure that I'm having QT5 (sites suggest I have to have 5.6 now [??])

Followed the guide https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/w ... -Build-Qt5 to up to the SDK (which isn't avail - I don't need it right now to build a version with peak audio power vs. average)
and then I got completely lost with the 'qmake' instruction ... You can't qmake in MingGW shell (qmake command not understood or something)
searching further - i got qmake to work in a std CMD-prompt ... but after
I couldn't do a make (of course not it's not in the same dir)

ended my tries having these results after issuing this command in DOS: qmake -project c:\msys64\home\Fredje\qlcplus -win32 -o c:\qlcplus

Code: Select all

DEBUG 1: C:\repo\mingw-w64-qt5\src\i686\qtbase/qmake/generators/makefile.cpp:324 Failure to find ./qlcplus_de_DE.qm in vpath (c:/qlcplus)
DEBUG 1: C:\repo\mingw-w64-qt5\src\i686\qtbase/qmake/generators/makefile.cpp:324 Failure to find ./qlcplus_es_ES.qm in vpath (c:/qlcplus)
DEBUG 1: C:\repo\mingw-w64-qt5\src\i686\qtbase/qmake/generators/makefile.cpp:324 Failure to find ./qlcplus_fr_FR.qm in vpath (c:/qlcplus)
DEBUG 1: C:\repo\mingw-w64-qt5\src\i686\qtbase/qmake/generators/makefile.cpp:324 Failure to find ./qlcplus_it_IT.qm in vpath (c:/qlcplus)
DEBUG 1: C:\repo\mingw-w64-qt5\src\i686\qtbase/qmake/generators/makefile.cpp:324 Failure to find ./qlcplus_nl_NL.qm in vpath (c:/qlcplus)
DEBUG 1: C:\repo\mingw-w64-qt5\src\i686\qtbase/qmake/generators/makefile.cpp:324 Failure to find ./qlcplus_cz_CZ.qm in vpath (c:/qlcplus)
DEBUG 1: C:\repo\mingw-w64-qt5\src\i686\qtbase/qmake/generators/makefile.cpp:324 Failure to find ./qlcplus_pt_BR.qm in vpath (c:/qlcplus)
DEBUG 1: C:\repo\mingw-w64-qt5\src\i686\qtbase/qmake/generators/makefile.cpp:324 Failure to find ./qlcplus_ca_ES.qm in vpath (c:/qlcplus)
DEBUG 1: C:\repo\mingw-w64-qt5\src\i686\qtbase/qmake/generators/makefile.cpp:324 Failure to find ./qlcplus_ja_JP.qm in vpath (c:/qlcplus)

C:\msys64\mingw32\bin>
Please advise :ugeek:
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
GGGss

following actions (and now I'm using this forum as cardboard)
C:\msys64\mingw32\bin>qmake -project c:\msys64\home\fredje\qlcplus -o c:\qlcplus\ -d -> gives a makefile & a bin.pro in c:\qlcplus
NO GOOD

oke - again : C:\msys64\mingw32\bin>qmake -project c:\msys64\home\fredje\qlcplus -o c:\qlcplus\Makefile -d (got 2 files Makefile & bin.pro)
Forget It - I give up

Delete threads -no solution given- I'm going to bed now
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
GGGss

Got it all sorted out now... pieuw! Told you to hold a minute or 2 :( (read: days)

!! WINDOWS ONLY !!
First: the doc https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/w ... -Build-Qt5 isn't correct.
In the assumption we are using the minGW-64 Shell you actually have to run things in a DOS-box.
This poses a problem that the environment isn't set yet.
I had to make following changes to my system:

Code: Select all

SET PATH=%PATH%;c:\msys64\USR\BIN;C:\msys64\mingw32\bin;
SET QTDIR=c:\msys64\mingw32
SET QMAKESPEC=win32-g++
In the Aquire the QLC+ sources- first you have to cd to 'c:\msys64\home\username\qlcplus (if this dir is already present)
then only you can git clone and pull

Then in the build QLC+ chapter:
cd /c/Qt/qlcplus <- this does not reflect the std-install-path of MSYS32 -> it has to be c:\msys64\home\username\qlcplus
(Qt has never been installed by MSYS64 in a Qt-dir)

On the other hand - the github howto install instruction do state an other procedure https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus
mcallegari

First: the doc https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/w ... -Build-Qt5 isn't correct.
In the assumption we are using the minGW-64 Shell you actually have to run things in a DOS-box.
The instructions are correct, please do not invent your own way to build QLC+ and confuse other users.

The shell to be used, written in bold, is "MinGW-w64 Win32 Shell", not a "DOS-box", whatever that means.
In the Aquire the QLC+ sources- first you have to cd to 'c:\msys64\home\username\qlcplus (if this dir is already present)
then only you can git clone and pull

Then in the build QLC+ chapter:
cd /c/Qt/qlcplus <- this does not reflect the std-install-path of MSYS32 -> it has to be c:\msys64\home\username\qlcplus
(Qt has never been installed by MSYS64 in a Qt-dir)
You can clone the sources wherever you want. Again, please do not invent things if you don't fully understand how GIT or MSYS2 work.
"/c/Qt" is just an example folder. You can clone the sources even in "/d/foo". That doesn't make any difference if you setup the environment correctly.

However if you don't use "/c/Qt", you might need to tweak some files in the sources tree, where that path is hardcoded.
For example
https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/b ... rc.pro#L49