Translated Doc to Japanese

MagmaChocolate

Hi !
I'm Japanese. I translated QLC+ users doc to Japanese.
I want to share it. What do I ?

Do yo have a idea? Would you tell me idea ?

https://magcho.github.io/QLC-Docmentati ... ate_JA_JP/
https://github.com/magcho/QLC-Docmentat ... late_JA_JP
mcallegari

Hi MagmaChocolate,
thanks for the huge contribution to the QLC+ project !

Unfortunately, at the moment the project is not structured to support documentation in different languages.
However, I can work on it and make space for more languages.

The idea could be to arrange the resources/docs folder like this:
- docs/common (for images)
- docs/html_en_EN
- docs/html_ja_JP

Since bundling all the languages into the QLC+ package would be a burden, I'd say the default language bundled could be English by default as it is now, and then I can create and publish PDFs for all languages in the website download page.
I can also publish all the languages HTML in the QLC+ website as well.

What do you think ?
Also, would you care to help to complete the current Japanese translation of the UI ?
We've had a contribution some time ago, but then the translator disappeared. For example, the web interface doesn't have a Japanese translation at all.
If you have some time, this is the reference instructions where to start: https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/w ... r-language
janosvitok

I guess some images will have to be translated as well (e.g. screenshots) and some not.
mcallegari

janosvitok wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:14 am I guess some images will have to be translated as well (e.g. screenshots) and some not.
I thought about that, but that means even more work for the translators. To be honest I'd stick with the english screenshots.
MagmaChocolate

mcallegari wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:37 am Hi MagmaChocolate,
thanks for the huge contribution to the QLC+ project !

Unfortunately, at the moment the project is not structured to support documentation in different languages.
However, I can work on it and make space for more languages.

The idea could be to arrange the resources/docs folder like this:
- docs/common (for images)
- docs/html_en_EN
- docs/html_ja_JP

Since bundling all the languages into the QLC+ package would be a burden, I'd say the default language bundled could be English by default as it is now, and then I can create and publish PDFs for all languages in the website download page.
I can also publish all the languages HTML in the QLC+ website as well.

What do you think ?
Also, would you care to help to complete the current Japanese translation of the UI ?
We've had a contribution some time ago, but then the translator disappeared. For example, the web interface doesn't have a Japanese translation at all.
If you have some time, this is the reference instructions where to start: https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/w ... r-language
thanks for your reply !
I agree this idea. QLC+ Bundle english doc only. So publishing other language doc the web site.

However I have a problem. I can't create PDF of Japanese doc now.
Becouse PDF leyout broken. I have to fix css.

I will try to fix PDF leyout and translate UIs.
mcallegari

MagmaChocolate wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:14 pm thanks for your reply !
I agree this idea. QLC+ Bundle english doc only. So publishing other language doc the web site.

However I have a problem. I can't create PDF of Japanese doc now.
Becouse PDF leyout broken. I have to fix css.

I will try to fix PDF leyout and translate UIs.
As anticipated, I have restructured the docs folder and imported your translation. Thanks again.
I had to spend some time because you've taken the documentation from the QLC+ website (which is manipulated by some script), instead of the original copy from GitHub.

From now on, please let's work on GitHub only. If you have further changes, please submit a Pull Request.

Have you had any chance to look into the UI translation ? Do you need any help/assistance ?

[EDIT] Japanese documentation online ! See www.qlcplus.org and PDF in download page.
If you want proper credits in the website about page, please tell me your name. Otherwise I can use the user nickname you chose for this forum.
Thanks
siegmund

mcallegari wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:04 pm [EDIT] Japanese documentation online ! See www.qlcplus.org and PDF in download page.
Out of curiosity, I was looking for the Japanese documentation but was unable to find it. Also, the manual download link on the download page seems to be broken.
mcallegari

siegmund wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:25 pm
mcallegari wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:04 pm [EDIT] Japanese documentation online ! See www.qlcplus.org and PDF in download page.
Out of curiosity, I was looking for the Japanese documentation but was unable to find it. Also, the manual download link on the download page seems to be broken.
CTRL+F5 ? :)
janosvitok

You may want to add permanent redirect from /docs/* to /doc/en_EN/* (except for en_EN and jp_JP) to keep the old links working.
I used to link to docs here in the forum (and also elsewhere) quite a lot.

Ask if you need to help with mod_rewrite.
mcallegari

janosvitok wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:04 pm You may want to add permanent redirect from /docs/* to /doc/en_EN/* (except for en_EN and jp_JP) to keep the old links working.
I used to link to docs here in the forum (and also elsewhere) quite a lot.

Ask if you need to help with mod_rewrite.
You're right.
I just tried the following, but it gives 404. I might need a hand with this.

Code: Select all

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/docs/(.+).html /docs/html_en_EN/$1.html [QSA,L]
janosvitok

- it seems that you are using .htaccess (according to hostgator docs). You may get relative url (doc/... instead of /docs)
- .* may match /html_en_EN as well, so if this worked, you may get infinite loop
- you may want to add R=301 flag (HTTP moved permanently)
- style.css needs redirect too

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/?docs/([^/.]+)\.(html|css)$ docs/html_en_EN/$1.$2 [R=301,QSA,L]

If that doesn't help, you may try to add RewriteBase /
I've not tested this.

Edit: check apache logs for problems (https://support.hostgator.com/articles/ ... -log-files)
MagmaChocolate

mcallegari wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:04 pm As anticipated, I have restructured the docs folder and imported your translation. Thanks again.
I had to spend some time because you've taken the documentation from the QLC+ website (which is manipulated by some script), instead of the original copy from GitHub.

From now on, please let's work on GitHub only. If you have further changes, please submit a Pull Request.

Have you had any chance to look into the UI translation ? Do you need any help/assistance ?

[EDIT] Japanese documentation online ! See www.qlcplus.org and PDF in download page.
If you want proper credits in the website about page, please tell me your name. Otherwise I can use the user nickname you chose for this forum.
Thanks
Thank you !!

(^∇^) I am happy about that make download page.
And I'm sorry. Therefore work on github when next it.

I want to be written real name in credit.
Real Name is ' Dai Suetake '.

And sent pull reqest. Is there a problem?

Thank you.
mcallegari

janosvitok wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:48 pm RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/?docs/([^/.]+)\.(html|css)$ docs/html_en_EN/$1.$2 [R=301,QSA,L]
Works fine now, thanks !
I really need to learn regular expressions one day...

The only thing still there is directory listing when accessing http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/ with no html file.
Not a major issue though.
mcallegari

MagmaChocolate wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:24 am Thank you !!

(^∇^) I am happy about that make download page.
And I'm sorry. Therefore work on github when next it.

I want to be written real name in credit.
Real Name is ' Dai Suetake '.

And sent pull reqest. Is there a problem?
You're welcome Dai. Your name is now in the website About page.
I've seen you sent a PR for the webaccess translation. Thanks, I'll review it shortly.
janosvitok

mcallegari wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:52 am The only thing still there is directory listing when accessing http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/ with no html file.
Maybe add second rule:

RewriteRule ^/?docs/$ docs/html_en_EN/ [R=301,QSA,L]
siegmund

mcallegari wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:37 pm
siegmund wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:25 pm
CTRL+F5 ? :)
Found it, links working, but I've got another thing to find faulty ;) I really like the idea of showing the flags to the corresponding language (although Americans may feel left out), but the display is not right (see attached screenshot). I use Xubuntu 14.04 64 Bit (Firefox 58.0.2 (64-Bit)).
screenshot.png
mcallegari

siegmund wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:58 pm Found it, links working, but I've got another thing to find faulty ;) I really like the idea of showing the flags to the corresponding language (although Americans may feel left out), but the display is not right (see attached screenshot). I use Xubuntu 14.04 64 Bit (Firefox 58.0.2 (64-Bit)).
I see it correctly both with Chrome 64 and Firefox 58. Maybe empty the cache again ?
As for the american flag, I thought about it, but normally (in european websites) they all use the british flag. I hope the american friends won't mind :)
siegmund

mcallegari wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:31 pm
siegmund wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:58 pm Found it, links working, but I've got another thing to find faulty ;) I really like the idea of showing the flags to the corresponding language (although Americans may feel left out), but the display is not right (see attached screenshot). I use Xubuntu 14.04 64 Bit (Firefox 58.0.2 (64-Bit)).
I see it correctly both with Chrome 64 and Firefox 58. Maybe empty the cache again ?
As for the american flag, I thought about it, but normally (in european websites) they all use the british flag. I hope the american friends won't mind :)
Seems to be an error with my laptop, its working on my other PC - sorry!