QLC+ TEST versions

soundupinc

Re: QLC+ TEST versions

Post by soundupinc » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:13 pm

yes for that all good)
found new bug
when we use audio triger, for dmx value per volume, it`s not allowd to use slider on same dmx function, it`s all time at 0 value

lorenzoandreani

Sequence Copy Error

Post by lorenzoandreani » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:22 pm

QLC+_4.11.1.162.exe on Windows 10 (1703) Pro

Sequence Copy Error:

- Add two Generic RGB named "Generic RGB #1" and "Generic RGB #2"
- Add one sequence named "Sequence #1" and create a simple sequence for "Generic RGB #1" (for example two scene: white and black on loop)
- In VC add one button and link it to "Sequence #1" and test it

- Ok: the "Generic RGB #1" turn on and off

- Now create a copy of "Sequence #1" so you'll have "Sequence #1 (Copy)"
- Edit "Sequence #1 (Copy)": Remove "Generic RGB #1" and add "Generic RGB #2"
- Edit "Sequence #1 (Copy)": edit the two scene to create a simple sequence for "Generic RGB #2" (for example two scene: blue and red on loop)
- In VC add another Button and link it to "Sequence #1 (Copy)" and test it

- Not Ok: "Generic RGB #2" blink blue and red but also "Generic RGB #1" blink

I think the problem is due to the fact that the "Sequence #1 (Copy)" remains connected to the scene of "Sequence #1"

P.S.: Now the sequences have two names "Chaser name" and "Scene name".
In my opinion, the "Scene name" field no longer has utility and should be compiled automatically with the same value as the "Chaser name" field.
Attachments
Sequence.qxw
(3.89 KiB) Downloaded 7 times

CoS2000

Re: QLC+ TEST versions

Post by CoS2000 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:08 pm

@lorenzoandreani: I had similar Problems in the latest Full-Version (4.11.0) when using copys and copys of copys. Sometimes when i edit copys of copys it changes things in the original and first copy too.

After a week of work you make the last show and using sequences or scenes from another show as copy from an copy. You change a view little things for new show, but after that the shows you made in past are broken now, because editing a copy change things in the original.

I still think the Problem is, that copys are not independent from the original, because all copys are bound to a hidden scene. Look at your Save File (is xml Format):

Code: Select all

<Function ID="1" Type="Sequence" Name="Sequence #1" BoundScene="0">
and later the copy

<Function ID="2" Type="Sequence" Name="Sequence #1 (Copy)" BoundScene="0">
Both are bound to Scene "0" (BoundScene="0"). When you look at Scene 0:

<Function ID="0" Type="Scene" Name="Sequence #1" Hidden="True">
   <Speed FadeIn="0" FadeOut="0" Duration="0"/>
   <FixtureVal ID="1">0,0,1,0,2,0</FixtureVal>
   <FixtureVal ID="0">0,0,1,0,2,0</FixtureVal>
  </Function>
Some things like used Fixtures are saved in this hidden Scene, not in the sequence itself. Changing things (for example the fixture val) in the original (Sequence #1) change this information in the copy (Sequence #1 (Copy)) too, because it will chanced in the hidden scene, on that both sequences (Sequence #1 and the copy) bound to. The copy of a Squence is not independent from its original! I think this cause the problems you descriped and i had too!

I think a better way it is to stop using bindings and store all informations in The Sequence itself like this:

<Function ID="1" Type="Sequence" Name="Sequence #1">
   <Speed FadeIn="0" FadeOut="0" Duration="0"/>
   <FixtureVal ID="1">0,0,1,0,2,0</FixtureVal>
   <FixtureVal ID="0">0,0,1,0,2,0</FixtureVal>
   other informations...
  </Function>
Imagine you make a copy of a file in windows and after deleting the copy the original is deleted too - It make no sence for me to bound copys or copys of copys to anything. All should be independent from another, so you avoid problems!

Hope my informations can help...

Greetings from Germany